Ordered the Carli 2.0 4.5 kit today! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ordered the Carli 2.0 4.5 kit today!

Cant wait for the Carli kit to get here! Said it would take a week or two to get the kit. Kinda upset about that but what can you do. Luckily BMF had the Novakanes 20's in black in stock! I had been seeing a lot of them on back order.Toyo m/t's were in stock also. Hopefully in the next week or so it will be done!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Be waiting on pics.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:14 AM

I just finished having my carli 2.0 installed.
I love it, the ride is the same as stock.. even a bit better, not as bumpy in the back. There is no sway to the truck, and no diving when you hit the brakes.

I was charged for some bolts ($80) because apparently canadian trucks use a different size and carli doesnt send them.
These are charges I should be reimbursed for, but I will take that up with head office.

I also had 37" toyo mt's installed on 20" rims. I cant recall my offset, but they worked out perfect for me, they stick out about an inch or so. I dont rub on anything atm, it is really close to one of the bumper bolts in the front so I will probably grind it down at some time.

Great purchase, expensive, but you pay for quality. I have ridden in a pro-comp setup on a chev and was not happy at all... So I am quite happy with it.
The 2.0 was supposed to be WAY better then stock... thats pushing it, but it is definetly as good or slighty better.

Hope that helps some ppl.

Last edited by Liquid; 03-31-2011 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Edited some wording to make it a bit clearer
Old 03-29-2011, 06:52 AM

Let Me be the First to Say.....

Old 03-29-2011, 07:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Foot View Post
Let Me be the First to Say.....

Have not got the kit on yet!!! Its on a truck from California. Should be on by the end of the week and when i get around to it i will post pics...
Old 03-29-2011, 07:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid View Post
I just finished having my carli 2.0 installed.
I love it, the ride is the same as stock.. even a bit better, not as bumpy in the back. There is no sway to the truck, and no diving when you hit the brakes.

I'm a bit concerned with my install... I should have the bilstein 7100's front and rear (with remote reservoir), but I dont see the remotes in the rear, and I was also charged for some bolts ($80) because carli sent the wrong size.
These are charges I should be reimbursed for, but I will take that up with head office after I crawl under and confirm I dont have remotes hiding somewhere under the bed.

I also had 37" toyo mt's installed on 20" rims. I cant recall my offset, but they worked out perfect for me, they stick out about an inch or so. I dont rub on anything atm, it is really close to one of the bumper bolts in the front so I will probably grind it down at some time.

Great purchase, expensive tho. I have ridden in a pro-comp setup on a chev and was not happy at all... So I am quite happy with it.
The 2.0 was supposed to be WAY better then stock... thats pushing it by far, but it is definetly as good or slighty better.

Hope that helps some ppl.
It should have 7100's in the back also? Where did you have your install done? I kinda figured the ride would not be as great as everyone lets on. If i had a dollar for every time i heard "it rides better than stock"! As long as it does not ride like a PRO CR*P kit ill be happy.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:28 AM

I had the install done in calgary alberta. I want to follow up before I start complaining... but I was willing to just slough off the $80 for bolts, that I shouldnt have to buy, but not the $400 rear remotes that I paid for.

I never ride in the back seat.. but from what I can tell it is more comfortable (judging by the front). I havent towed with it yet, nor had any major weight.. but I had 400-500lbs in the box and the suspension didnt appear to be sagged at all.

The road bumps (from pavement creases) are taken well, but I still feel them for sure... its not a cadillac, and thats kindof the feeling they implied.

I am still fully happy with it (and for me it was $4700 installed plus the tires and rims)
Old 03-29-2011, 07:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid View Post
I had the install done in calgary alberta. I want to follow up before I start complaining... but I was willing to just slough off the $80 for bolts, that I shouldnt have to buy, but not the $400 rear remotes that I paid for.

I never ride in the back seat.. but from what I can tell it is more comfortable (judging by the front). I havent towed with it yet, nor had any major weight.. but I had 400-500lbs in the box and the suspension didnt appear to be sagged at all.

The road bumps (from pavement creases) are taken well, but I still feel them for sure... its not a cadillac, and thats kindof the feeling they implied.

I am still fully happy with it (and for me it was $4700 installed plus the tires and rims)
Mine is a crew cab f350 long bed so im hoping the extra wheel base will help with the ride. Check under the bed to see if the remotes mounted on the underside of the bed. The only other carli kit ive seen was done by the same place that is doing mine and the remotes were mounted there.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstarr harley View Post
Have not got the kit on yet!!! Its on a truck from California. Should be on by the end of the week and when i get around to it i will post pics...
I Know Sorry I should have Said Liquid,I wanted to see what 37's look like with the 2.0 lift....

Truck Toyz show a 5.5 Lift with 37's that looks sweet!I would think 2.0 would have the fenderwells filled up....

I'd like to see yours also WHEN ya get it installed
Old 03-29-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Mine is a crew cab f350 long bed so im hoping the extra wheel base will help with the ride.
Yeap Will help some for sure! keeping the fuel tank as full as possible will help also,More weight the better...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.