Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Ordered the Carli 2.0 4.5 kit today!

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  rstarr harley 
#1 ·
Cant wait for the Carli kit to get here! Said it would take a week or two to get the kit. Kinda upset about that but what can you do. Luckily BMF had the Novakanes 20's in black in stock! I had been seeing a lot of them on back order.Toyo m/t's were in stock also. Hopefully in the next week or so it will be done!

#3 · (Edited)
I just finished having my carli 2.0 installed.
I love it, the ride is the same as stock.. even a bit better, not as bumpy in the back. There is no sway to the truck, and no diving when you hit the brakes.

I was charged for some bolts ($80) because apparently canadian trucks use a different size and carli doesnt send them.
These are charges I should be reimbursed for, but I will take that up with head office.

I also had 37" toyo mt's installed on 20" rims. I cant recall my offset, but they worked out perfect for me, they stick out about an inch or so. I dont rub on anything atm, it is really close to one of the bumper bolts in the front so I will probably grind it down at some time.

Great purchase, expensive, but you pay for quality. I have ridden in a pro-comp setup on a chev and was not happy at all... So I am quite happy with it.
The 2.0 was supposed to be WAY better then stock... thats pushing it, but it is definetly as good or slighty better.

Hope that helps some ppl.

#6 ·
I just finished having my carli 2.0 installed.
I love it, the ride is the same as stock.. even a bit better, not as bumpy in the back. There is no sway to the truck, and no diving when you hit the brakes.

I'm a bit concerned with my install... I should have the bilstein 7100's front and rear (with remote reservoir), but I dont see the remotes in the rear, and I was also charged for some bolts ($80) because carli sent the wrong size.
These are charges I should be reimbursed for, but I will take that up with head office after I crawl under and confirm I dont have remotes hiding somewhere under the bed.

I also had 37" toyo mt's installed on 20" rims. I cant recall my offset, but they worked out perfect for me, they stick out about an inch or so. I dont rub on anything atm, it is really close to one of the bumper bolts in the front so I will probably grind it down at some time.

Great purchase, expensive tho. I have ridden in a pro-comp setup on a chev and was not happy at all... So I am quite happy with it.
The 2.0 was supposed to be WAY better then stock... thats pushing it by far, but it is definetly as good or slighty better.

Hope that helps some ppl.
It should have 7100's in the back also? Where did you have your install done? I kinda figured the ride would not be as great as everyone lets on. If i had a dollar for every time i heard "it rides better than stock"! As long as it does not ride like a PRO CR*P kit ill be happy.

#5 ·
Have not got the kit on yet!!! Its on a truck from California. Should be on by the end of the week and when i get around to it i will post pics...

#7 ·
I had the install done in calgary alberta. I want to follow up before I start complaining... but I was willing to just slough off the $80 for bolts, that I shouldnt have to buy, but not the $400 rear remotes that I paid for.

I never ride in the back seat.. but from what I can tell it is more comfortable (judging by the front). I havent towed with it yet, nor had any major weight.. but I had 400-500lbs in the box and the suspension didnt appear to be sagged at all.

The road bumps (from pavement creases) are taken well, but I still feel them for sure... its not a cadillac, and thats kindof the feeling they implied.

I am still fully happy with it (and for me it was $4700 installed :( plus the tires and rims)

#8 ·
Mine is a crew cab f350 long bed so im hoping the extra wheel base will help with the ride. Check under the bed to see if the remotes mounted on the underside of the bed. The only other carli kit ive seen was done by the same place that is doing mine and the remotes were mounted there.

#11 ·
I would kindof equate the ride as the same as a f-150.... Not soft and sloppy like a chev.. but not rough like a 350 work truck with the offroad suspension.

Also, my lift is new too... so I bet its a bit stiffer untill broken in... If they break in then this lift will go pretty freakin comfortable.:thumb:

Pics tonight.. but it will be dirty, and on our half melted roads lol.. but you will see it in any case.

I noticed that the bilsteins arent very shiny either... thats too bad, thats nice with the icon that they are chromed (or very polished)... I bought the 2.0 over the starter kit just for the look of a nice polished suspension :/

#12 ·
Hows your steering ? I was told at highway speeds it tends to walk some and grabs the groves of the road. Also i was told that Sage Carli was testing stabilizers as we speak to get a setup out in the next few weeks.

#15 ·
Figured I would update:

I had a chance to look closer at the rear suspension, it does have the reservoirs.. they are tucked WAY up almost mounted on the bed... you cant see them unless you are under the truck lol.. but I guess they are protected there from being snagged or w/e

I PM'd Sage Carli, and he replied very quickly. The bolt issue is being rectified and I will be reimbursed for them... I'll hopefully just get a credit towards some steering dampeners :thumb: :woot:

Again, very happy with the whole situation, and I would definetly buy another carli kit. Hopefully I can get some pics.. I'm gonna take some dirty truck pics tomorrow, or tonight when I get home. The weather here is sloppy, snows melting and occasional rain :(

#16 ·
Well i dropped mine off yesterday afternoon at Rock N Roll Off Road. They were starting on it this morning. Should have it back late tomorrow or saturday. Will post some pics as soon i get it back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.