Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

NEW TSB (11-3-23) FOR CEL AND SHIFT ISSUES

14K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  doczenith1 
#1 ·
Hope this is the one that finally fixed the shift issues....

FORD: 2011 F-250, F-350, F-450, F-550

This article supersedes TSB 10-23-9 to add additional calibration content.

ISSUE:
Some 2011 F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with a 6.7L engine and built on or before 3/14/2011 may exhibit malfunction indicator light (MIL) on with diagnostic trouble codes (DTC's) P0401, P0402, P009A if driven at highway speeds with a snow plow attached, P164A if idled for extended periods in colder ambient temperatures, 2-3 transmission shift flares, harsh/inconsistent transmission shifting during transmission fluid warm up and tip-in events when at low speeds or coming to a stop. Refer to the Calibration Content for additional details.

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure to correct the concern

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) and the transmission control module (TCM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 71.05 and higher or 72.01 and higher. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2011.3 DVD.

The Calibration Update Contains Improvement Actions And Enhancements:

DTC P0401 (exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) flow insufficient detected)
DTC P0402 (exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) flow excessive detected)
DTC P009A (intake air temperature/ambient air temperature correlation) if driven at highway speeds with a snow plow attached
False DTC P164A (O2 sensor positive current trim circuit performance (bank 1, sensor 1)) if idled for extended periods in colder ambient temperature
2-3 transmission shift flares
Harsh/inconsistent transmission shifting during transmission fluid warm up
Improved shift feel for tip-in events when at low speed or coming to a stop
Previously Released Calibration Content

Previously released calibration content included in IDS software release 69.07 and higher contained improvement actions and enhancements to address the following:

Calibration Content Vehicles Built On Or Before 11/5/2010

Delayed manual upshifts from 1st to 2nd gear when in Select Shift mode while going down a grade
Harsh/delayed 1-2 upshift and downshift
Harsh 2-3 upshift on first drive away of day after vehicle soak
DEF warning messages won't reset after refilling DEF tank with Key On Engine Running
Modified vehicles for rail applications, that will not re-engage PTO operation or speedometer inoperative after riding on the tracks with the front wheels off the ground
VSOUT signal inoperable from customer access circuits under dash
DTC P2463 or P246C (DPF restriction) and DTC P2459 (DPF regeneration frequency) - adds increased ability to perform manual regeneration at higher load values when performing system diagnostics
Calibration Content - Vehicles Built On Or Before 08/23/2010

False DTC P132B (turbocharger/supercharger boost control A performance)
False DTC P0299 (turbocharger/supercharger A under-boost condition)
False DTC P050E (cold start engine exhaust temperature too low)
False DTC P06EA (NOX sensor processor performance (bank 1, sensor 1)
DTC P249C (SCR time to closed loop) - improved diagnostics and reporting
DTC P249F (excessive time to enter closed loop DPF regeneration control) - improved diagnostics and reporting
False DTC P0884 (PCM/TCM power input signal intermittent)
DTC(s) and freeze frame data being erased in the PCM when running KOEO, KOER, Datalogger, Active Commands or any other guided diagnostics with IDS
False P0731 (gear 1 incorrect ratio)
False P0732 (gear 2 incorrect ratio)
False P0733 (gear 3 incorrect ratio)
False P0734 (gear 4 incorrect ratio)
False P0735 (gear 5 incorrect ratio)
False P0729 (gear 6 incorrect ratio)
Low speed/load engine surge
Abrupt engine shutdown feel
HP fuel pump knocking noise at idle
Delayed DEF level indication after refill event
Harsh/bumpy transmission upshifts/downshifts
Delayed/harsh transmission engagement feel between R-D and D-R shifts
Transmission gear hunting during speed control operation when climbing grades or climbing hills, particularly while towing
Erratic transmission operation after descending grades while in 1st gear
Flashes/delays of current gear indication when using SelectShift mode
Added Brake Over Accelerator (BOA) feature - reduces engine power during off-idle driving when both the accelerator and brake pedals are applied simultaneously
Added SelectShift memory feature, so SelectShift gear display comes back on whenever going back into drive if the vehicle was turned off while SelectShift mode was still activated
Added engine protection feature from overspeed while descending long grades while towing and in manual gear ranges (forces transmission upshifts at 4000 RPM)
Increased torque - during hill assist operation - (see Owner Guide for additional system operation)
PTO operational enhancements - (applicable to vehicles equipped with optional PTO)
- Automatic secondary electronic idle controller (SEIC) turns on at engine start if the switch in on position

- Engine coolant temperature to operate PTO lowered to -7 °C (+20 °F)

- Improved RPM control with SEIC controllers

See less See more
#2 ·
I am not sure what all of that means, but my check engine light has been permanently on for 3 weeks. The dealership said they were waiting for a reprogram fix. They say the light generates from cold temp related issues. They can turn it off, but it comes back on. Hopefully this fixes it.

#3 ·
I have an H&S mini max in my 2011 6.7 and I started experiencing trans shifting problems! I need this updated PCM flash so what does this mean for me and my tuner? Can I get it or not?
H&S please assist

#4 ·
same here.
what to do

#5 ·
I'm pretty certain that TSB has been recalled. It was out for about a week before they recalled it. Rumor is it will be back out near the end of April.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.