Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

F350 Dually with 2" spacers on front to get F450 look?

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  05azX 
#1 ·
A friend of mine has an 08' dually that he put 2"/ maybe 3" wheel spacers on the front and added the F450 flares. It looks just like a F450. So my question is, what are you'll thoughts on this? I have a F350 crew cab 4x4 coming in within a week and I'm thinking about doing this and putting on some bigger tires. Could this do any damage to the front over the long run? Any suggestions would be appreciated! :thumb:

#2 ·
Anyone who runs the 22.5's like mine has to have adapters which is basically a spacer and you never hear of anyone having problems. I've only had mine on for a few months but no problems. I also have a Jeep Wrangler with spacers all the way around on it with no problems. I read on a Jeep Forum before I bought the spacers for it, that many people will say they are bad but pretty much in no way will hurt anything. I could see it wearing out your front end a little earlier though. I'm expecting that on mine at least since I moved the weight of the wheel out a little more.

#3 ·
Hi Schillster1-
Did you end up doing this? Putting the 2" spacer on the front end of your F350 to make it have the wider stance look of a F450?
Interested in doing this as well and would appreciate your feedback and pictures if you have them.
Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.