Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

'11 King Ranch is finally lifted and looking good!

6K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  rstarr harley 
#1 · (Edited)
Just thought I'd share a pic and some specs with you all of my truck since I got it lifted. I just picked it up last night from Jared at Rock & Roll Offroad. They did a great job and had it finished sooner than promised. The truck is my 2011 King Ranch F250. I decided to go with the Carli Suspension after doing a bit of research on the different lifts available for the '11 model trucks. I wanted a lift that would actually perform offroad, not just look good going down the highway. Carli seemed to be far above the rest in the performance area as well as on-road ride quality. I went with the 2.0 performance system with the new Bilstien reservoir shocks front and back. This kit should be able to handle most all situations I put it through. The kit is actually labeled as a 4.5" lift, but it appears to be just as tall as my last 6" kit. There is right at 12.5" of clearance from the top of the tire to the bottom of the fender trim, with 35's on 20's. The kit is made to clear 37" tires. On the wheels/tires I went with 35" Toyo MT's with 20" XD Armour wheels. I had these wheels on my last truck and they look good and are very easy to clean.

I picked the truck up last night in Ft.Worth at Rock & Roll and had about a 90 mile drive back home to see how it rode. I was very happy with it overall. It definitely needs a steering stabilizer, but Carli has not released it yet for sale. They have some in testing currently and should be ready very soon. It's nothing you can't live with, but at high speeds on the highway you can feel the wheels pulling with the contours of the road as it changes. A stabilizer would eliminate most all of this.

This is a new kit from Carli and not many of them have been put out for the new 2011 F250. Jared and the guys at R&R Offroad had never done this kit on an '11, but they did a great job and finished before the said they would. Don't hesitate to give these guys a call.

Anyway, enough with the talk.....here is a pic or two. There are more on the Rock & Roll Offroad website in the Ford gallery.

See less See more
#7 ·
The Carli kit certainly is not the cheapest as far as price, but after lifting 5 trucks, 3 of them being f250's I've learned that you get what you pay for. I have $6700 in the total system. This includes the wheels, tires, lift, installation labor, and a few various parts.

#10 ·
Ive always been able to sell my factory tires/wheels pretty easy. I sold my take-offs from my 2008 KR for $1050 and they had 8,000 miles on them. I have my 2011 take-offs for sale for $1200 and they only have about 2000 miles on them.

#12 ·
Just thought I'd share a pic and some specs with you all of my truck since I got it lifted. I just picked it up last night from Jared at Rock & Roll Offroad. They did a great job and had it finished sooner than promised. The truck is my 2011 King Ranch F250. I decided to go with the Carli Suspension after doing a bit of research on the different lifts available for the '11 model trucks. I wanted a lift that would actually perform offroad, not just look good going down the highway. Carli seemed to be far above the rest in the performance area as well as on-road ride quality. I went with the 2.0 performance system with the new Bilstien reservoir shocks front and back. This kit should be able to handle most all situations I put it through. The kit is actually labeled as a 4.5" lift, but it appears to be just as tall as my last 6" kit. There is right at 12.5" of clearance from the top of the tire to the bottom of the fender trim, with 35's on 20's. The kit is made to clear 37" tires. On the wheels/tires I went with 35" Toyo MT's with 20" XD Armour wheels. I had these wheels on my last truck and they look good and are very easy to clean.

I picked the truck up last night in Ft.Worth at Rock & Roll and had about a 90 mile drive back home to see how it rode. I was very happy with it overall. It definitely needs a steering stabilizer, but Carli has not released it yet for sale. They have some in testing currently and should be ready very soon. It's nothing you can't live with, but at high speeds on the highway you can feel the wheels pulling with the contours of the road as it changes. A stabilizer would eliminate most all of this.

This is a new kit from Carli and not many of them have been put out for the new 2011 F250. Jared and the guys at R&R Offroad had never done this kit on an '11, but they did a great job and finished before the said they would. Don't hesitate to give these guys a call.

Anyway, enough with the talk.....here is a pic or two. There are more on the Rock & Roll Offroad website in the Ford gallery.

I am curious you said these lifts are top of the line, and yours looks nice, but I was wondering about the radius arm drop setup up instead of a 4 link or aftermarket reinforced radius arms.

I would think this would be a rough ride or cause a lot of wear?

How does it perform with that setup on the radius arm drop kit?

Also, congrats on the setup.

#13 ·

I am curious you said these lifts are top of the line, and yours looks nice, but I was wondering about the radius arm drop setup up instead of a 4 link or aftermarket reinforced radius arms.

I would think this would be a rough ride or cause a lot of wear?

How does it perform with that setup on the radius arm drop kit?

Also, congrats on the setup.
I have the same Carli 2.0 kit. From what i was told about the four link setup was that the front radius arms on the super dutys are almost bullet proof. That was why Carli went with the drop brackets. To be honest i thought about 4 linking mine but i saw the r and d Sage Carli puts his trucks through in testing. If you get a chance go to you tube and watch some of his 80 mph passes through the baja desert. My truck rides better than any lifted truck or Super duty ive owned. Alot of it has to do with the shock valving and spring rate testing Carli did. I had a 7in Icon on my last truck 4 linked and the Carli kit does ride better. Ive had mine off road very little since ive got it back. It seems to handle rough dirt and gravel roads very well very smooth ride.

#15 ·
Just thought I'd post an update. I've got about 1500 miles on the truck since the lift. It rides better than any lift I've ever had on any F250 or any C/K 1500 I've ever lifted....and I've lifted a few.

I still agree that it needs the front steering stabilizer and I'm going to call Jared and see if it's available now. It handles rough roads and daily bumps and potholes very well. I have not had a chance to get it off-road yet, I've been working 7 days a week/12 hours a day for a while. I'm confident it will not disappoint me. Sage Carli did his homework on this setup. I'd reccomend it to anyone wanting a quality lift.

#16 ·
Talked to Jared yesterday. He said they were about a week out from them shipping. He told me he has a few on order so i would give Rock n Roll a call and get one saved! Also found out that the its not just our trucks needing stabilizers. I talked to PSC steering and according to them the 2011 steering boxes are very sensitive!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.