RECON - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 03:07 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RECON

Well ordered the interior LED dome lights and smoked LED mirror turn signals,ordered both sets of dome lights like it said, got them in the mail today only one set for the back seat none for the front, guess what ones for the back dont fit and the mirrors were out of stock conveniently found that out after i ordered. Needless to say I definitely am not happy with that outfit! anyone else with issues from them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I ordered the Recon LED mirror lights and paid for 2nd day air. I emailed them cause five days later no lights. They emailed me back a smart a** comment. Not happy either.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:52 PM
<<< 6.4 Powersmoke

Recon has some of the worst customer service, and quite probably has some of the biggest jerks I've ever dealt with in a company working there. It's almost comical how bad, and how rude they really are. I have several stories, and the unbelievably rude and sarcastic correspondence emails from them to prove it. I do have some Recon products on my truck, but I am forever done with this company now, especially after my last experience with them. STAY AWAY FROM THEIR CHEAP EXTREMELY OVERPRICED CHINA MADE CRAP!!!

Last edited by dieselkane; 03-10-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:57 PM
<<< 6.4 Powersmoke

Here is an 18 page long thread with MANY examples of the quality of their products. It should also provide a great example of their "customer service" or lack there of. RECON LIGHT/PARTS= CHEAP JUNK!

One of the emails I received from them.

"Do what you want but the refund has been done. Message boards are juvenile. Don’t waste your time on those things. Misery loves company..You should have kept your bulbs and allowed us to ship you the headlights. Oh well too bad. Merry Xmas and have a great new year.

GET LIT!!!!!!

Heath Lewis"

Last edited by dieselkane; 03-10-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Are there any other companies out there?
Old 03-11-2011, 06:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselkane View Post
One of the emails I received from them.

"Do what you want but the refund has been done. Message boards are juvenile. Donít waste your time on those things. Misery loves company..You should have kept your bulbs and allowed us to ship you the headlights. Oh well too bad. Merry Xmas and have a great new year.

GET LIT!!!!!!

Heath Lewis"
No freaking way! ...that's simply moronic...us juveniles spend a lot of money and talk to each other...Heath still work there? If so, I'm definately staying away from Recon...
Old 03-11-2011, 08:52 AM
<<< 6.4 Powersmoke

Yep, that's what they said. Basically, I ordered their headlights for my truck. I also paid for expedited shipping, and what I got from UPS were two little packages of BULBS, no headlights to speak of. When I called, I explained that I had a big problem with my order. Then, I was told a "big" problem is only when somebody dies, and that they don't consider the issue with my order to be a "problem". No offer for shipping being refunded, no offer for a discount, no apologies, nothing. That did it for me, I couldn't believe the audacity of these people. I demanded a refund, then I was told that they would rather just resend the headlights. I said nope, I want my money back. They went on explaining they only had one set of lights left, and I wouldn't have a chance again to get them. I said I don't care, I don't want them just give me my money back.

My email to them...

"I was the one that called today about returning the headlights. I was shipped two boxes of bulbs, instead of one box of bulbs, and the projector headlights. The proof is in the tracking info. I will ship them back today, but I would like an immediate refund for the headlights, since I never received them, and then you could just refund me the bulbs once you get them back. That way I'm not waiting on the large majority of the refund, and you could simply refund the remainder when you get the returned bulbs (59.90 vs. 499.95 for the actual projector lights) I tried calling back again to discuss this further earlier today, but nobody answered the phone. So now I am emailing instead. Please let me know.

Also, I don't appreciate being told that when I have a major problem with my order, that a "major" problem is one in which somebody dies, and that mine is not considered a big problem to you. What happened to respect towards the customer? I choose to run my business by the old "the customer is always right" basis. To me, receiving $60 worth of bulbs, after spending $518.85 with you, would fall under the category of a "major" problem with an order. I tried to resolve this last week before ever even possessing the items, but never received a call back. I honestly didn't expect that I would anyways"

Quite a few days went by, and no refund. So this is the email I sent to receive the one below.

"Hello again. This is **** ****, with order #*****. I still have not received any sort of a refund. Just checking to see when I will be getting my money back. I did send the bulbs back last week, so I did my part. I don't want to call my credit card company, or post my bad experience with you on powerstroke.org, where you already have an 18 page long thread of dissatisfied customers. http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-4-exterior-discussion/117247-recon-light-parts-cheap-junk.html"

I received this back...

"Do what you want but the refund has been done. Message boards are juvenile. Don’t waste your time on those things. Misery loves company..You should have kept your bulbs and allowed us to ship you the headlights. Oh well too bad. Merry Xmas and have a great new year.

GET LIT!!!!!!

Heath Lewis"

Then my email in return..

"I'm really not trying to be an *******. I would have been fine with waiting, and getting the lights shipped late. However, I really didn't appreciate the way I was treated on the phone. Had it not been for that, all would have been fine. I felt belittled, and that my concern was of no issue to your staff, or your company. Also, I honestly tried to call the week prior to receiving the lights in order to resolve the issues. I was told that I would get a call back, but never did"

Last edited by dieselkane; 03-11-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Does Heath own the company? Do they even care that he's ruining their business? Did Heath pick up his attitude from the owner? And why do people wonder why some choose to go postal? In the end, are these just rhetorical questions?

Kind of makes you want to
Old 03-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Maybe we should start a class action lawsuit against their company and see how these "juvenile" threads are when we own their business and fire Heath. It has been two weeks since I purchased my LED mirror lights and I ordered them second day air.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Now I am scared. I bought a set of smoked cab lights and had them installed by a shop. After looking at all the threads i am afraid that this product is going to suck and cause me roof leakage or fail at some time. Does anyone know if the factory cab lights will fit in place of these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.