Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

RECON

3K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  superdave267 
#1 ·
Well ordered the interior LED dome lights and smoked LED mirror turn signals,ordered both sets of dome lights like it said, got them in the mail today only one set for the back seat none for the front, guess what ones for the back dont fit and the mirrors were out of stock conveniently found that out after i ordered. Needless to say I definitely am not happy with that outfit! anyone else with issues from them?

#2 ·
I ordered the Recon LED mirror lights and paid for 2nd day air. I emailed them cause five days later no lights. They emailed me back a smart a** comment. Not happy either.

#3 · (Edited)
Recon has some of the worst customer service, and quite probably has some of the biggest jerks I've ever dealt with in a company working there. It's almost comical how bad, and how rude they really are. I have several stories, and the unbelievably rude and sarcastic correspondence emails from them to prove it. I do have some Recon products on my truck, but I am forever done with this company now, especially after my last experience with them. STAY AWAY FROM THEIR CHEAP EXTREMELY OVERPRICED CHINA MADE CRAP!!!

#4 · (Edited)
Here is an 18 page long thread with MANY examples of the quality of their products. It should also provide a great example of their "customer service" or lack there of. http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-4-exterior-discussion/117247-recon-light-parts-cheap-junk.html

One of the emails I received from them.

"Do what you want but the refund has been done. Message boards are juvenile. Don’t waste your time on those things. Misery loves company..You should have kept your bulbs and allowed us to ship you the headlights. Oh well too bad. Merry Xmas and have a great new year.

GET LIT!!!!!!

Heath Lewis"

#6 ·
One of the emails I received from them.

"Do what you want but the refund has been done. Message boards are juvenile. Don’t waste your time on those things. Misery loves company..You should have kept your bulbs and allowed us to ship you the headlights. Oh well too bad. Merry Xmas and have a great new year.

GET LIT!!!!!!

Heath Lewis"
:Shocked: No freaking way! ...that's simply moronic...us juveniles spend a lot of money and talk to each other...Heath still work there? If so, I'm definately staying away from Recon...

#5 ·
Are there any other companies out there?

#7 · (Edited)
Yep, that's what they said. Basically, I ordered their headlights for my truck. I also paid for expedited shipping, and what I got from UPS were two little packages of BULBS, no headlights to speak of. When I called, I explained that I had a big problem with my order. Then, I was told a "big" problem is only when somebody dies, and that they don't consider the issue with my order to be a "problem". No offer for shipping being refunded, no offer for a discount, no apologies, nothing. That did it for me, I couldn't believe the audacity of these people. I demanded a refund, then I was told that they would rather just resend the headlights. I said nope, I want my money back. They went on explaining they only had one set of lights left, and I wouldn't have a chance again to get them. I said I don't care, I don't want them just give me my money back.

My email to them...

"I was the one that called today about returning the headlights. I was shipped two boxes of bulbs, instead of one box of bulbs, and the projector headlights. The proof is in the tracking info. I will ship them back today, but I would like an immediate refund for the headlights, since I never received them, and then you could just refund me the bulbs once you get them back. That way I'm not waiting on the large majority of the refund, and you could simply refund the remainder when you get the returned bulbs (59.90 vs. 499.95 for the actual projector lights) I tried calling back again to discuss this further earlier today, but nobody answered the phone. So now I am emailing instead. Please let me know.

Also, I don't appreciate being told that when I have a major problem with my order, that a "major" problem is one in which somebody dies, and that mine is not considered a big problem to you. What happened to respect towards the customer? I choose to run my business by the old "the customer is always right" basis. To me, receiving $60 worth of bulbs, after spending $518.85 with you, would fall under the category of a "major" problem with an order. I tried to resolve this last week before ever even possessing the items, but never received a call back. I honestly didn't expect that I would anyways"

Quite a few days went by, and no refund. So this is the email I sent to receive the one below.

"Hello again. This is **** ****, with order #*****. I still have not received any sort of a refund. Just checking to see when I will be getting my money back. I did send the bulbs back last week, so I did my part. I don't want to call my credit card company, or post my bad experience with you on powerstroke.org, where you already have an 18 page long thread of dissatisfied customers. http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-4-exterior-discussion/117247-recon-light-parts-cheap-junk.html"

I received this back...

GET LIT!!!!!!

Heath Lewis"

Then my email in return..

"I'm really not trying to be an *******. I would have been fine with waiting, and getting the lights shipped late. However, I really didn't appreciate the way I was treated on the phone. Had it not been for that, all would have been fine. I felt belittled, and that my concern was of no issue to your staff, or your company. Also, I honestly tried to call the week prior to receiving the lights in order to resolve the issues. I was told that I would get a call back, but never did"

#8 ·
Does Heath own the company? Do they even care that he's ruining their business? Did Heath pick up his attitude from the owner? And why do people wonder why some choose to go postal? In the end, are these just rhetorical questions?

Kind of makes you want to :rod:

#9 ·
Maybe we should start a class action lawsuit against their company and see how these "juvenile" threads are when we own their business and fire Heath. It has been two weeks since I purchased my LED mirror lights and I ordered them second day air.

#10 ·
Now I am scared. I bought a set of smoked cab lights and had them installed by a shop. After looking at all the threads i am afraid that this product is going to suck and cause me roof leakage or fail at some time. Does anyone know if the factory cab lights will fit in place of these?

#11 · (Edited)
Just out of curiosity, what was the smart *** comment you received?

#13 ·
I have to agree, I bought the cab marker light kit and about 2 months after I installed them one of the led lights quit working then a second one.

I called recon and they were complete jerks. I just figured i would not get nowhere with them and I bought another set off of eBay and replaced the 2 that were bad, turns out the solder where the wires connected to the circuit board was done poorly.

At lest for now I still have 3 extra lights.

If I have to replace the lights again, I will buy a set of factory lights and put those on. Even if I have to buy them one by one and pay more

IMO Recon SUCKS!!

#16 ·
So if they are abusive of the members on this site, denigrate the site and provide worse than poor customer service are they even permitted to be a vendor on this site? :dunno:

#14 ·
Will factory fit in the same place?

#22 ·
Well an update to my original post, the very next morning I got a phone call from some guy at Recon named Ryan he apologized for the prob with the lights I got and figured out that on the 2011 they use map lights on the from and domes in the back sending me a new complete set front and back, also sent him pics of how the dome lights didnt fit in the back so we will see this next round also is sending LED license plate lights for the inconvenience, so I hope this time it all works correct! Maybe they are trying to do whats right after all the posts I wasnt expecting what I got the very next morning! Time will tell

#23 ·
That Sounds Great on Recons Part!

Everybody makes mistakes,Even Me sssssshhhhhhh Don't don't tell anyone LOL

Long as a Company will right their wrong i have no problem dealing with them again!
it's the A-holes that don't that i have a Issue with.....

post pic's when ya get her Lit up!

You Know i Keep asking Myself,What are these guys doing about the Holes they drill in the cab ? Far as Rust prevention ??? This is one reason i would get the cab/Clearance lights from the factory If i had the Choice,at the factory they do rust Prevention on the holes I'm sure...

far as doing them at home i think a Dab of grease would be better than trying to paint it.

#24 ·
My installer put window sealer around the holes to prevent rust

#25 ·
Called RECON about my order because I was not satisfied with the e-mail they sent. I talked to a guy who told me they were on backorder. Without me asking he told me that they would send then overnight instead of second day air which I paid for and he credited my shipping back to me. I am going to remain optimistic about these products. I told him the problems everyone was having and he apologized to me. I also told him the problem guys are having with the LED mirror lights and he said they should not do that. He said if mine do that I can send them back for a refund. We will see, I will keep everyone updated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.