Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New 2011, Thanks for the Heads-Up

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  blueovalman14 
#1 ·
Bit the bullet yesterday on a 2011 F250 Lariat Crew Cab. Traded in a 2006 F250. The first 125 miles in, I'm loving it. The family hated taking the 06 because of the ride quality and cramped back seat (kids have grown a lot in 5 years). New truck rides much better and is much quieter.

Part of the negotiation was that the dealer's tech had to top off the DEF tank while I watched to see if there was any trick involved. Told them I heard (read on here) about tank only being filled at factory to get into the "OK" range. They had been assured by the factory that the tank was topped off there, so they readily agreed. After it easily absorbed the first gallon, they weren't so agreeable. The salesman said something like "Well, that's all there is to it". I reminded him that we had it in writing it had to be topped off. They did so, but it took almost 2 gallons.

If I hadn't read it here, I'd have been out the door not knowing any better. Again, thanks for the heads up.

#2 ·
Congrats on the new truck.

#3 ·
How much did they give you for the 06 you traded in? How many miles were on it etc? (if you dont mind me asking)

#4 ·
The trade-in was a 2006, 6.0, extended cab, with 72k. Mechanically, it was totally stock. I had installed a Leer shell and a Warn Power Plant. There were some dings on the body. Internet said the trade value was from about $20,000 to $25,000. Got $22k.

#6 ·
The dealership, Sunny King in Anniston, AL, seemed to be good folks to work with. They had one or more diesel techs who were also good guys. The one doing the filling kept repeating that, while at the 6.7 school, they had repeatedly specifically asked Ford if the DEF tanks would be full when the trucks got to the dealers. The answer was always yes. They were suprised at how much additional urea was required. Seemed kinda cheesy on Ford's part to cut this corner on a $60k truck.

#7 ·
Congrats on the new truck. Do you have any pics? :D

#8 ·
Those jugs of DEF Ford sells at the dealerships are 2.5 gallons each!! If they put almost two in your new truck it was pretty low as the tank is around 6 gallons total.

No matter now, you are good to go!!

Congrats on the new truck and be safe.

#13 ·
I thought Ford didn't ship the trucks full b/c of the shelf life of DEF only being about a year (sometimes trucks sit 6-9 months).

Anyway, congrats on the new 2011. Pictures?

#14 ·
Congradulations....almost 45,000 miles, no regrets...kids will love plugging in their IPOD's, Zunes, jump drive into the stereo...load some pics into the lcd screen (if you have the navigation), adjust the stereo to where the music centers on the kids location... enjoy...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.