Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

BEEPING SOUND

7K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  BALL D 
#1 ·
does anybody get a beeping sound that comes from the truck for no reason its almost the same sound just after u use the remote starter

#3 ·
That's the BCM that makes those sounds. Open the door, hood and press the remote ect. Plus there are some just random ones. After a good drive I notice weird sounds randomly for about an hour when the truck is cooling down. They're not continuous just a little buzz here and a buzz there.

#7 ·
I get a really high pitched whine right after I shut it down, but no beeping, and certainly not if it hasn't been moved....

Mine doesn't make any beeps for the remote start either, just light blinks, a small whine, then a really quiet diesel engine starting sound...

#8 ·
Ball D......Your not crazy, mine does it after remote starting or when starting with the key but it only does it when its cold -15c to -50c. Ford doesn't know what it is thought maybe a belt. I don't think so. Im guessing something to do with the urea tank and having to heat/thaw it out cause that crap freezes, but its just a guess.

#9 ·
The auto-unlock & auto-lock feature makes a noise when you walk up to or away from the truck with the key - still haven't figured out exactly how it works, but I haven't really looked into it. You can turn it off through the screen in your dash.

But if it's making noises when your key is not near the truck, then I don't know.

#10 ·
Nope, sorry, thats not it, its got nothing to do with the electronics like you guys are thinking. Mine only does it when cold, after the truck warms up/ idles for a while it eventually stops.:dunno:

#11 ·
same here. crazy noises for no reason

#12 ·
I think mine does the same...It sounds like an intermittent tone. I have not figured out if it is coming from engine compartment or towards the rear of the truck. It kind of reminds me of the tones from a hearing test. It is not a beep or alarm from the interior.

I only seem to notice it when I start the truck cold then it goes away, on warm starts I do not hear it. Mine does it along with the two that I test drove at the dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.