BEEPING SOUND - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 04:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BEEPING SOUND

does anybody get a beeping sound that comes from the truck for no reason its almost the same sound just after u use the remote starter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2011, 06:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Nope... Truck does have a lot of different beeps - emergency brake on, backup sensors, key in the ignition after turning it off, no seatbelt, etc. but I've found all of them useful so far.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

That's the BCM that makes those sounds. Open the door, hood and press the remote ect. Plus there are some just random ones. After a good drive I notice weird sounds randomly for about an hour when the truck is cooling down. They're not continuous just a little buzz here and a buzz there.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirtaDay.com View Post
Nope... Truck does have a lot of different beeps - emergency brake on, backup sensors, key in the ignition after turning it off, no seatbelt, etc. but I've found all of them useful so far.
I hate when people do this shlt O thanks it was all of that emergency brake on, backup sensors, key in the ignition no seatbelt U fix it
Old 03-06-2011, 03:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok lets try this again the buzz sound happened when i would walk by the truck i was thinking it was my key in my pocket but it happened when the key was in the house it also does this on days i didnt use the truck
Old 03-06-2011, 06:39 AM

...truck's lonely...
Old 03-06-2011, 06:52 AM

I get a really high pitched whine right after I shut it down, but no beeping, and certainly not if it hasn't been moved....

Mine doesn't make any beeps for the remote start either, just light blinks, a small whine, then a really quiet diesel engine starting sound...
Old 03-06-2011, 07:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ball D......Your not crazy, mine does it after remote starting or when starting with the key but it only does it when its cold -15c to -50c. Ford doesn't know what it is thought maybe a belt. I don't think so. Im guessing something to do with the urea tank and having to heat/thaw it out cause that crap freezes, but its just a guess.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:23 AM

The auto-unlock & auto-lock feature makes a noise when you walk up to or away from the truck with the key - still haven't figured out exactly how it works, but I haven't really looked into it. You can turn it off through the screen in your dash.

But if it's making noises when your key is not near the truck, then I don't know.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirtaDay.com View Post
The auto-unlock & auto-lock feature makes a noise when you walk up to or away from the truck with the key - still haven't figured out exactly how it works, but I haven't really looked into it. You can turn it off through the screen in your dash.

But if it's making noises when your key is not near the truck, then I don't know.
Nope, sorry, thats not it, its got nothing to do with the electronics like you guys are thinking. Mine only does it when cold, after the truck warms up/ idles for a while it eventually stops.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.