Price help on F350 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Price help on F350

I live in the SF Bay Area and my local dealer has the exact truck I've been considering. I currently have an 06 Duramax with just over 100k on it, never a single issue. I usually dump my vehicles around this point because all the nick knack stuff breaks and I hate dealing with it. Any how, the truck in question ia a fully loaded 350 Lariat, captains seats, nav, camper, 3.55 locking rear, dual alternators, cabin heater, remote start etc. Sticker is $61,335. What are my best options for pricing, rebates etc, and what should I expect to pay BEFORE rebates etc. Thanks, and really looking forward to owning one of these trucks. By the way, it is a job 2 truck judging by the all black seats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2011, 09:24 AM

just for guesstimating purposes. the difference between sticker and invoice on my truck is roughly 8.2%. So we will use this number for yours. $61,335 - 8.2% =$56,305.53. So we will guess the invoice on that truck is $56,305.53 then minus the rebates in your area. I would try for about 1k off invoice. I walked in and ordered a truck at invoice minus rebated with no haggle.

I will tell you down here in Houston there is a dealer as we speak that has trucks on the lot with about 15% off sticker which on these trucks in over 9k. EX. $64,980 msrp listed on the internet at $55,395.So if my math did not get off you add the rebates in (was $2,500 now 3k Don't know what there price reflects) you are looking at 2.1%- $1,252 or 2.9% - $1,756 off of invoice.

Hopefully i did not loose you and my math is correct.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Around Las Vegas they would be asking 69,335 and take 62,335 for that truck. That is a joke but the dealers around here are almost this bad!!

Why don't you do a search online for "new vehicle invoice pricing" or something like that. It should ask for your zip code to give local deals. That may help you find your "happy" price.

I can absolutely say that if you have found your "dream" truck it is worth more than other trucks would be. It is very hard to make payments for years on something that is not what you wanted. A good salesman can see this on your face by the way, so try not to kiss the fenders and lick the windows too much until you have a deal!!!

Good Luck, we all think you made a good choice of truck
Old 03-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I looked at KBB pricing, and "dream truck" means nothing to me since I can just order whatever I want anyhow. In the end it is just a pickup to get me and my toys around, and be comfortable at the same time. I was just wondering about how much dealers are dealing on these. I have never and will never pay over invoice, but have scored well below that many times. Thanks and any additional info is still appreciated.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I bought my loaded F350 CC Lariat in December in Colorado. It had everything I wanted, including the color. The sticker was $61560, and they took $9382 off of that. I did all of my negotiating via email, text and phone before I walked into the dealership, which eliminated any game playing. I actually dealt with 2 Colorado dealers at the same time. As a starting point, I used the prices I found on Ebay Motors for 2011 F350's. I did not trade my 2002 F350, but sold it outright instead. The difference was $6850 over trade value.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:40 AM

I got exactly $10k off my truck, which stickered at $55k. I shopped all of the dealers in town through their internet departments. At the time, there were $2,500 in rebates.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Made the dealer a serious offer of invoice minus any rebates and he says no way, $1500 over is as low as they will go. Looks like I'll be waiting until they are a little more hungry.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I would check at least a few other dealers, even in an adjacent state. I would also check Ebay Motors- there are usually a few brand new F350's. For the price of an airline ticket or road trip you may save a fair amount of $.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:17 PM

With rebates currently at $3,500 for truck month, I'm pretty sure you should be able to get $10k off sticker if you shop around. Now, that won't apply if you order, but you can probably order for $7,500 off.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:23 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
yup keep checking. our rule of thumb for buying cars is "invoice or less" never pay over invoice. we just ordered a 2011 explorer about 3 weeks ago and they are hard dealing because the cars wont stay on the lot for a day they sell so fast so we had to order it, they tried to get invoice plus 1500 we walked they called the next day and said they would do incoice minus rebates. like what was said before, you cant go in showing you absolutely love the truck, you have to be able to walk. even if you get the deal your looking for i would still try to walk and work them down lower. u gotta beat the salesman. good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.