Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Price help on F350

5K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  4x4ord 
#1 ·
I live in the SF Bay Area and my local dealer has the exact truck I've been considering. I currently have an 06 Duramax with just over 100k on it, never a single issue. I usually dump my vehicles around this point because all the nick knack stuff breaks and I hate dealing with it. Any how, the truck in question ia a fully loaded 350 Lariat, captains seats, nav, camper, 3.55 locking rear, dual alternators, cabin heater, remote start etc. Sticker is $61,335. What are my best options for pricing, rebates etc, and what should I expect to pay BEFORE rebates etc. Thanks, and really looking forward to owning one of these trucks. By the way, it is a job 2 truck judging by the all black seats.

#2 ·
just for guesstimating purposes. the difference between sticker and invoice on my truck is roughly 8.2%. So we will use this number for yours. $61,335 - 8.2% =$56,305.53. So we will guess the invoice on that truck is $56,305.53 then minus the rebates in your area. I would try for about 1k off invoice. I walked in and ordered a truck at invoice minus rebated with no haggle.

I will tell you down here in Houston there is a dealer as we speak that has trucks on the lot with about 15% off sticker which on these trucks in over 9k. EX. $64,980 msrp listed on the internet at $55,395.So if my math did not get off you add the rebates in (was $2,500 now 3k Don't know what there price reflects) you are looking at 2.1%- $1,252 or 2.9% - $1,756 off of invoice.

Hopefully i did not loose you and my math is correct.

#3 ·
Around Las Vegas they would be asking 69,335 and take 62,335 for that truck. That is a joke but the dealers around here are almost this bad!!

Why don't you do a search online for "new vehicle invoice pricing" or something like that. It should ask for your zip code to give local deals. That may help you find your "happy" price.

I can absolutely say that if you have found your "dream" truck it is worth more than other trucks would be. It is very hard to make payments for years on something that is not what you wanted. A good salesman can see this on your face by the way, so try not to kiss the fenders and lick the windows too much until you have a deal!!!

Good Luck, we all think you made a good choice of truck

#4 ·
I looked at KBB pricing, and "dream truck" means nothing to me since I can just order whatever I want anyhow. In the end it is just a pickup to get me and my toys around, and be comfortable at the same time. I was just wondering about how much dealers are dealing on these. I have never and will never pay over invoice, but have scored well below that many times. Thanks and any additional info is still appreciated.

#5 ·
I bought my loaded F350 CC Lariat in December in Colorado. It had everything I wanted, including the color. The sticker was $61560, and they took $9382 off of that. I did all of my negotiating via email, text and phone before I walked into the dealership, which eliminated any game playing. I actually dealt with 2 Colorado dealers at the same time. As a starting point, I used the prices I found on Ebay Motors for 2011 F350's. I did not trade my 2002 F350, but sold it outright instead. The difference was $6850 over trade value.

#10 ·
yup keep checking. our rule of thumb for buying cars is "invoice or less" never pay over invoice. we just ordered a 2011 explorer about 3 weeks ago and they are hard dealing because the cars wont stay on the lot for a day they sell so fast so we had to order it, they tried to get invoice plus 1500 we walked they called the next day and said they would do incoice minus rebates. like what was said before, you cant go in showing you absolutely love the truck, you have to be able to walk. even if you get the deal your looking for i would still try to walk and work them down lower. u gotta beat the salesman. good luck

#15 ·
If you haven't bought yet call Elk Grove Ford. The bay area dealers are a**es I found they didn't want my business. I made an offer on a truck in Santa Rosa for invoice they said no way and counters with 1200.00 over invoice. They didn't even have the truck, it was at Elk Grove ford. Long story short... Got the truck there for 1200.00 under invoice.
They are a new dealer so keep an eye on them as they made mistakes with me that I caught.
And don't forget to walk out at least once(go get lunch).

#16 ·
I am looking at either an F250 Lariat or F350 lariat - two tone, chrome package, lariat interior package and a couple other things.
Can you get $10K off + the good financing? Will the dealers move on combining offers? For the setups I've found out there I am looking at sticker prices of $57K-$60K. Taking $10K off is a good thing.
So...will they combine the great rebates AND interest rates for financing?
And...3.55 or 3.31 rears? What's the mileage difference while cruising unloaded?
Thanks!

#17 ·
F250 Lariat - two tone, chrome package, lariat interior package and a couple other things.
Thanks!
That describes my truck, and yes, you can get $10k+ off, but not with the good Ford promotional financing. If you take the promotional financing then you lose basically all the Ford rebates. And $1,000 of the rebates is for using the regular Ford rates for financing (you can always refi pretty much immediately - CU's around here are offering 2.74 - 3.5 on long terms).

I don't know that there are any accurate numbers out there for the mileage difference between those gears. It's not that big a difference... I personally went with 3.31 (b/c the truck I wanted had them and b/c I mostly cruise unloaded so even 1/4 - 1/2 mpg would pay off in the longterm)

#19 ·
Thanks for the info. I'll have to run the numbers in comparing better financing vs rebates. The 0 for 36 is attractive, but a big nut each month.

As far as rear end...I guess I'd be happy either way. I am interested in finding my optimum options with an 8' bed.

#21 ·
Far as financing Goes,IF you have a Credit Union to work Through, I would For sure go that way!and get the Disability Insurance!!!

I broke my Freaking Wrist In october 2010,I was out of work for 8 weeks :~( They only made a couple of payments, but it was Piece of mind Knowing I didn't have to worry about my truck Payments! You may never use it,but If You do Need it, It's worth The difference in Finance far as going with some others.... No matter Who you Go Through try to get the Disability Insurance! IMHO

Plus the Credit Union Takes the payments out of my Check so it's one less bill I have to worry about making :~)

My Truck Will have 3.55 gears,i plan to Lift it and Run 37's I tow very little mostly my 3500 Lb Key West,Center Console...which is nothing to a Diesel with any gear...The gears will be for the larger Tires...

#25 ·
4x4ord. When u bought the truck and brought it to Canada were u able to have the factory warranty carried over??

#26 ·
Yes I was. Every manufacturer has different rules - If a Canadian were to buy a new Dodge in the US and bring it into Canada the warranty would be void on both sides of the line. With GM there is a 6 month wait before the Canadian warranty is valid. The Ford warranty transfered without a hiccup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.