Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Supplemental Cab Heater

6K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  jascott 
#1 ·
Does anyone have this option on your truck? I am fixing to order at 250 or 350 and had planned on ordering this option. How well does it work? Are there any negatives to this option? Does it work in conjunction with the remote start?

#2 ·
I have the supplemental cab heat on my 2008. You will DEFINITELY want to get it. It works very well and you will have heat within a minute. Here in North Carolina in the mountains with very cold days at high elevation, I get a lot of use out of it. No negatives that I have found with it.

I can't address the remote start question directly since I do not yet have a 2011. From what I understand it will work with the remote start.

#5 ·
Yeah I have it also and it works Great.

#6 ·
"what they said".
I heard, but do not know that it will come on with remote start at a certain low temperature...

#7 ·
I just received my truck a week ago. I live in Ottawa Canada. It was -9C yesterday and it put out heat very quickly. It was better than I expected. My old 7.3 would have taken quite a while to heat up at that temperature.

You need to get either the heavy duty alternator or the duals. I went with the heavy duty. The heater is electric and pulls quite a bit of current.

#8 ·
If you live in the cold climate it will be absolutely worth it. I live in northern british columbia, and i would be lost without it. The heavy duty alternator that is required is always a bonus as well

#11 ·
Just another +1 to the supp heater.

I live in Northern Alberta, Canada. This winter was warmer then usual, but on days that it was -25 to -30 C I would still start the truck 5mins before leaving (remote start) and the seat would be fairly warm, and the chill gone from the truck. Within a couple blocks it would be fully comfortable in the truck.

Now to the beef... our trucks are worth 60 grand and we dont have a heated steering wheel???? WTF!!!!
How stupid is it that ford puts in heated/cooled seats, and no heated steering wheel option? :tard:

#12 ·
the new gmc has a HEATED tailgate....

.....so you don't freeze your hands when you push it home!!!!!

#14 ·
Absolute must have! With a 12 degree night, truck outside but plugged in I had 100 degree air coming out of the vents after only 3 minutes of idling. See link in my sig for more information.

Rapid-Heat Supplemental Cab Heater - Order Code 41A

#16 ·
From what I've heard you can add it but it will set you back $3000. Only cost $250 at time of order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.