2011 King Ranch Hauler Package - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 06:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011 King Ranch Hauler Package

So just wanted to let everyone know a couple cool things about the new 2011 Superduty. The offset of the wheels has changed again. The backspacing on the new wheels is another 1/8" deeper. Using a set of '08 to '10 wheels you can run 12.5" wide tires with no contact on fenders, bumpers, or brackets. I know 35"s for sure but haven't checked 37"s yet. Another sweet thing is the front brakes now clear 17" wheels. Since tire companies have limited the production of 37" and larger tires and most 37"s for 18" and up wheels cost over $500 each it's nice that we can step down to 17"s for off road and not have to pay an arm and a leg for a set of rubber. It'll still be close to impossible to find an E rated tire, but there are a good amount of D rated tires that have over a 3500lb GVW. Due to the tire prices I plan on running the 35"s for street and having a spare set of 37" just for hunting, off road fun, and the ranches. The 35"s I'm running are the Duratracs which are 13" wide and barely contact the radius arm on the driver side, but just the arm nothing else. Yesterday I also checked the 17" clearance on a set of Raceline Monsters. Just make sure to relocate wires that are ran on the outside of the radius arms.

So main plans for my King Ranch are a gray lower two tone. I took the fenders and bumpers off. Replaced the painted bumpers with chrome. May eventually go with a Warn Hidden Winch kit mount system. And definitely planning on going with the King Coilover and 2.5" Rear Reservoirs, dual cat back exhaust, and intake.

The competition:LOL

Plan on Paint SchemeSomebody else's Lariat)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2011, 08:05 PM

1. The 2011 factory SD wheels have the same backspacing/offsets as the comparable 05-07 and 08-10 factory wheels.
  2. 17" wheels on a F-250 or F-350 has always been a available factory option since 2005.
  3. Neither items 1 or 2 should really be a shock considering the calipers and rotors are the exact same items on a 2005-2011 SRW truck.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:43 AM

I would seriously consider removing your running boards before bending them all up off roading.

There are damned expensive to replace.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:06 AM

nice move on the chrome bumpers. If you don't mind me asking, what did they cost?
Old 03-03-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmt View Post
  1. The 2011 factory SD wheels have the same backspacing/offsets as the comparable 05-07 and 08-10 factory wheels.
  2. 17" wheels on a F-250 or F-350 has always been a available factory option since 2005.
  3. Neither items 1 or 2 should really be a shock considering the calipers and rotors are the exact same items on a 2005-2011 SRW truck.
I'll take a pic of both if you like. The 20" factory wheels off my '08 measure 5.75" to mounting surface. The brand new '11 wheels I just removed off my truck measure 5.87" to the mounting surface. I never tried running any 17"s on my '05 or '08 cause everyone made 40" tires for 20" wheels, and 4 wheel parts and others said they wouldn't fit over the calipers. I know they came standard with steel 17" on the XL's but they'd rub really bad if you ran 37"s on them.

Now as to the '07 to '08 Model year your saying that you can take an '07 and '08 caliper, rotor, and outer knuckle and all the parts are the exact same? So if all of the out knuckle components are the same, then how did Ford get an increased turning radius in '08 model year? Did they just change the steering box? I have a set of '05 to '07 18" King Ranch wheels at home that I will measure to confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren View Post
I would seriously consider removing your running boards before bending them all up off roading.

There are damned expensive to replace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueF350 View Post
nice move on the chrome bumpers. If you don't mind me asking, what did they cost?
Uhhh, I think they were around $550 off a shop in Dallas/Fort Worth that does a lot of the Cattle Catchers and about $175 for shipping out to here.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
05-07's came with 17s from the factory.

Some aftermarket 17's however dont fit
Old 03-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
This thing is gonna be cool......
Old 03-03-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseofDiesel View Post
I'll take a pic of both if you like. The 20" factory wheels off my '08 measure 5.75" to mounting surface. The brand new '11 wheels I just removed off my truck measure 5.87" to the mounting surface. I never tried running any 17"s on my '05 or '08 cause everyone made 40" tires for 20" wheels, and 4 wheel parts and others said they wouldn't fit over the calipers. I know they came standard with steel 17" on the XL's but they'd rub really bad if you ran 37"s on them.

Now as to the '07 to '08 Model year your saying that you can take an '07 and '08 caliper, rotor, and outer knuckle and all the parts are the exact same? So if all of the out knuckle components are the same, then how did Ford get an increased turning radius in '08 model year? Did they just change the steering box? I have a set of '05 to '07 18" King Ranch wheels at home that I will measure to confirm.
The factory SD 2011 AL wheels are now cast instead of forged like the earlier factory SD Al wheels so I suspect that all you are seeing is a slightly thicker wheel lip; otherwise all the factory SRW SD wheels from 05-11 have the same 40mm (1.57") inset specification.

The tighter turning radius was a 04 to 05 change due to the change to front coil springs in the 4x4 models along with different knuckles, brakes steering box, etc. not a 07 to 08 change.

Attached Thumbnails
2011 King Ranch Hauler Package-turning.jpg  
Old 03-03-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmt View Post
The factory SD 2011 AL wheels are now cast instead of forged like the earlier factory SD Al wheels so I suspect that all you are seeing is a slightly thicker wheel lip; otherwise all the factory SRW SD wheels from 05-11 have the same 40mm (1.57") inset specification.

The tighter turning radius was a 04 to 05 change due to the change to front coil springs in the 4x4 models along with different knuckles, brakes steering box, etc. not a 07 to 08 change.
I stand corrected.

The Raceline Monsters clear anyways and that's what I'll go with for the 37"s.

Last edited by HouseofDiesel; 03-03-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:32 PM
haters gonna hate 24/7.

Gonna be a sweeeeeet ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.