Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New truck.

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  4x4ord 
#1 ·
I'm in the market for a new truck, and love the style of the new trucks. I have almost no use for a diesel, as I don't tow anything. Maybe a car trailer or something like a boat in the future. But It would be a daily driver from home to work, 5km one way lol. I have never bought new, and these trucks on the lot are upwards of 70k. Any advice/tips from buying from a dealer? And what have others got their trucks for. Im up in Canada, BC. I'd like a loaded lariat, coming form a '90 single cab Chev with no options it should be a nice step up:thumb:

#5 ·
Im in the cariboo. Would like a 2011 just because of all the nightmares I have read with the earlier years.

Not sure a Diesel is a good option if you are looking at a lot of short trips and no towing.
Supershooter
Why is this? I just love the way they look. I've been driving around the last 2 winters with no heater in my truck. So I insist on getting a loaded truck lol

#11 ·
I was just saying you could save $8k off the sticker and some in maintenance with the gas option. If you're not doing heavy towing you don't need the extra torque and if you're not doing a lot of driving, the mpg difference shouldn't be very noticeable.

It's all up to you - if you want a diesel, go for it. Nothing sounds better.

#13 ·
I just traded my 2010 F250 Diesel in for a 2011 F150. I bought my 2010 in April and loved it, was driving about 1500 miles a month and everything was fine. In August, I changed jobs and no longer drove my truck as much as I did because I have a company van. Well, my truck sat in the driveway a week at a time, when I used it, the fuel consumption was horrible, the "cleaning exhaust filter" cycle came on very frequently, which it hardly came on in the past and I was averaging 10 MPG. Also, I know diesels like to be driven and I was hardly driving it and to be honest, I was petrified of condensation in my tank, hoping I would never see the water in fuel light. I bought the truck with the intensions of doing some plowing in my spare time, unfortunately with the career change I no longer have the free time, so the plowing idea went out the window. I don't do any towing so I really don't need a large diesel truck, I was satisfied with my previous F150's and this one is the nicest one I have had, went for the extra money and got a fully loaded Lariat with all he options. So, think hard before you take the diesel plunge.

#16 · (Edited)
I am glad I need a diesel. I haul a gooseneck tandem dually (28000 lb combined truck and trailer), fifth wheel RV (23000 lb truck and trailer), tug semi's out of snow drifts (just happened to do that today) and haul farm equipment around. If I didn't think I needed a diesel I would likely buy a GMC Denali 1500.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.