Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Bed Covers

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Porthole 
#1 ·
I am looking to get a bed cover for my truck when I am hauling the wife and kids to see the in-laws. What can I expect on fuel mileage improvement? It is 300 miles from Beaumont to Dallas and mostly interstate driving.

I am looking at either getting the light weight hard cover which weighs +/- 60lbs. or the aluminum tri-fold style. I will be taking it on and off according to when I am pulling the cattle trailer.

Any recommendations on either one or any good deals to be had?

#2 ·
I got the truxedo cover and love it. It's so handy! I wondered if I would like it but I love it! Going on vacation with wife and 2 young daughters going to the beach it takes a truck bed to carry it all and it's dry and secure. I can't tell any fuel mileage gain but it can't hurt! I think it's the best thing I've put on my truck. I gave $299 at Autoanything.com

#4 ·
100% agree

#19 ·
Same with the people who like to drive around with the tailgate open.

I have a Truckcovers USA roll up with the tool box option.
Nice cover, pricey and it is not waterproof if that is a concern.

#11 ·
Seems like the Truxedo is a popular choice and after doing some research online I can see why. I was also looking at a trifold cover that was hard enough to stand on (can't remember name right now) but for twice the price not sure what I gain from it.

Thanks for the help!

#13 ·
Went with the Access TonnoSport bed cover. It is comparable to the Truxedo Lo-Pro which I liked but the Access was a little less expensive. Thanks all for the input.

#14 ·
Can we see this truxedo installed. sounds good,but lets take a look:crazy:

#15 ·
Sorry about the low quality but it was raining yesterday and overcast today. Plus the phone doesn't have a high resolution. :doh:

#16 ·
I like the lo pro look. If I had been sure I was going to like a cover as much as I do I would have went with it. Has anyone seen the tool boxs that fit behind the wheel well that swings out? I think it would be great since I keep my fuel additive and stuff in a metal milk crate in the corner where I can get to it. That little tool box is $219 for each side.

#17 ·
That has a nice clean look. I like it:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.