Hahaha... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 06:47 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hahaha...

Went to the dealership to get a set of fuel filters on Friday for the 6.7. they told me the factory filter in the engine compartment has three ports on them and the third port is for starting them at the factory ( I asked because the one they gave me only had two) any who... they also told me I couldn't change it because it'll airlock when I try to start it and that you have to have a special bleeder tool to change them. They wanted 200 dollars to change. Well I chanced it and did it myself and didn't have any problems. Anyone else been told this by their dealer??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2011, 05:09 AM
Premium Member

No, but I don't have enough miles yet to warrant changing it. I'm going to look in the manual about fuel filters.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:15 AM
Premium Member

Page 41 and 42 of the Diesel Supplement mentions nothing about a special tool. It just tells you to purge the air from the system by cycling the key on for 30 seconds then off 6 times, just like the 08-10 trucks.

Glad to hear you didn't fall for their stupidity, you should call them on it next time you're in there.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
I was told about the third port by a Ford tech that i know. He mentioned nothing about having to have a special tool to do this job. Your dealership was most likely lying to you to earn the $200.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
sounds like its time for a new dealership, mine just told me that my girlfiends edge needs to have the intake cleaned with their "special" carbon reduction machine.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:12 AM

It gets better guys. I called the guy I bought the truck from ( had 6k on it when I bought It) and he said the dealership in Lincoln changed it. I told him what I found and he about **** his pants. It never got changed and he has a receipt from them for 400 dollars for changing the fuel filters! I have 13k on it now and it still had the factory filters on it. I called my dealer and told them I changed them and they told me I was full of it haha they claim its impossible
Old 02-21-2011, 06:18 AM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
Wow thats terrible. I would switch dealers in a second.

Another reason I would never get a new diesel. I am not insulting them there is just too much up keep and BS any more.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
It gets better guys. I called the guy I bought the truck from ( had 6k on it when I bought It) and he said the dealership in Lincoln changed it. I told him what I found and he about **** his pants. It never got changed and he has a receipt from them for 400 dollars for changing the fuel filters! I have 13k on it now and it still had the factory filters on it. I called my dealer and told them I changed them and they told me I was full of it haha they claim its impossible
You should drive up there and slam the filter with the 3 ports down on the counter. Then have those bastards return the previous owners money for the supposed fuel filter change that was never done, not to mention what about possible damage done to the engine for them not doing it at the scheduled time, if that was your fault that would have voided your warrenty, what are they gonna do for you?
Old 02-21-2011, 08:19 AM

I haven't mustered up the courage to call the original dealer yet. This is how companies get bad reps. If they would just do what they said they'd do we wouldn't have to deal with this bs. I read the manual like a previous poster said.. I am taking it to my dealer today to show them its not impossible
Old 02-21-2011, 08:26 AM

Well if it were my ride, I'd call the original deal and find out how this was overlooked/not taken care of. You have proof that the factory original filter was in place still
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.