Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Ford Maintenance Protection Plan

6K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  ups 6.0 
#1 ·
Has anyone purchased the Maintenance Protection Plan? Basically it covers all service for the length of the plan - say 6 years.

It covers wear items including brakes and shocks.

It would seem that with two oil changes per year and one brake job that you would easily get back your money.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

I also noticed that the oil change interval on these truck is every 6 months. That is quite a bit longer than what was recommended on my 2000 7.3.

Kevin

#3 ·
The oil change interval of 6 months is a bare minimum. If you only drove 1000 miles a year they still want your oil changed every 6 months. Recommended is 5200 miles I think.

#6 ·
dunno about that plan, but I have the ESP, and it was worth every penny of $2500, that the previous owner paid. haha

#7 ·
I purchased the ford premium 84/100,000 mi EXP warranty for my KR today online. The other plans do not cover nav or sync. I bought the truck in june 2010 and it covers till june 2017, w/$100 ded. I called my dealer and the price was cheaper online. With rental car starting 2nd day for up to 10 days the cost was $1894, which i think is a pretty good price. The dealer was a few hundred more and he tried to sell a no name warrenty for under a $1000. but i was afraid it may not pay or be in business in 7 yrs. My truck is KR, diesel, 4x4, nav, pretty well loaded. I think i can do some of my maint. but i can't do mech. work on this truck, too much computer and gadgets. I did verify the nav coverage with the warranty department. Hope this helps someone else looking for EXP. john

#8 ·
it's worth every penny man. I used mine for $1800 just the other week and paid $100.

#10 ·
Ford Extended Warranty - Genuine Ford ESP When you select your vehicle you can select the plan and submit for a discount to be sent with a discount code # and at chechout select the rental program with extra discount. My discount was $185 plus $90 for 2nd day rental. If you have to have repairs that takes more than 1 day they still pick up the 1st day. be sure to click home and look at the plans compare coverage. The premium plan is the only one that covers almost everything. john

#12 ·
Its not just for oil change and brake job....includes every factory recomended maint like fuel filters,all fluids,air filter,trans service,rear end ..etc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.