Trade in 99 on 2011 ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Trade in 99 on 2011 ?

Well I am thinking about trading my E99 Diesel Dually on a 2011 . Don't know if it will be a dually yet , still pricing it all out as of now . What does everyone think ? My truck has 62 k , so still low but the new truck idea is just driving me crazy . I guess I am asking .... Any buyers remorse ? Is the truck superior enough to get a big payment again ?

Last edited by Bad Night; 02-02-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2011, 04:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dim Sum
I would say it is a good move, but I would sell that 99 on your own. You will be surprised at the market for a good low miles 7.3.

Crazy money they get on the used market.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:44 AM

^^^ Definitely try to sell it yourself. With all the extras you have you should be able to get a premium, at least here in Texas. Sometimes it is a wash just to trade-in because of the savings on sales tax and headache, but not in this case.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to southern7.3
No way would I trade it.....try to sell it yourself
Old 02-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
even if i had the money for a 6.7 i think i'd still drive my 7.3 heck i'd get a second one...

i cant deal with all this emissions bs on these trucks now.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

When I bought my 2011, I had a 2002 F350 7.3. I was offered $9100 for trade, and sold it through Craigslist to the first person who looked at it for full price, $16500. Sell it yourself.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dietoremain View Post
even if i had the money for a 6.7 i think i'd still drive my 7.3 heck i'd get a second one...

i cant deal with all this emissions bs on these trucks now.
this is the last truck I will ever own
Old 02-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Premium Member

I owned a 99 then and 08 and now the 2011. Best truck I've had so far, we'll see how it holds up in the long run.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Premium Member

Thanks for all of the input . I am on the fence big time of what to do . I would rather sell my truck outright but when I had it for sale I had 2 problems . People who were willing to pay what I wanted couldn't get financed . I was wanting 24k for it . Everyone else kept telling me I wanted too much money for it . The truck is really nice , very clean , has some add ons , and only 62 k miles . It isn't perfect . It's 12 years old . A friend of mine who is a dealer said they would give me 18k on trade and sell me a truck that sticker priced at 58k for 48k . So I though I would just trade it in . Getting 18k on trade is like 20 k due to the tax differences .

If anyone is interested here is everything the truck needs ; The roof has some slight hail damage and the drip check in the drivers side drip rail is lifting , The hood was repainted when the hail damage occured but it's not that great a job up close . The front bumper needs replaced , it got tweeked a couple of weeks ago , The passenger front fender needs a scuff buffed out or possibly the bottom of the fender repainted if the scuff won't come out , this happened the same time the bumper got tweeked . Some lady slid into me she just barley got me but she got me . The left front hub bearing assembly just started growling when unlocked , left front ball joints need done . The interior is damn near perfect . The seats have some wear (minimal) and my old dogs toe nails put 3 tiny holes in the back seat a few years ago .

The good stuff .......

The truck is leveled (being an early 99 this puts it up at the same height as a 6' lift on a newer truck . It sits just as high as my buddies 01 with a 6").
It rides on 315 75 16 Goodyear Duratracs with about 12k miles on them .
I put a 2010 bed , tailgate w step , bumper and hitch with 2.5 inch receiver on it a 3 months ago .
The bed was new and I had it Line xed immediately
It has 5% window tint all the way around with 35% on the windshield .
The exhaust it strait piped ending just past the cab
The motor is all stock
The transmission is built , the front seal started leaking so I had Janis Transmissions installed a new upgraded converter and go through the transmission and upgrade it's internals .
It comes with a very nice stereo system as well .
It has 06 Harley step boards and tow hooks
I also have installed 2006 Harley headlights with pig tails and a 2004 Harley grill . I have a2006 Harley grill that I will give to you with the truck . I got both grills because i wasn't sure which bumper style I wanted to run .
The taillights are smoked with vht . The cab lights are smoked as well
The truck has 08 power fold and power telescope mirrors that are completely wired , just need switches installed which I will do if you would need me to . I didn't because I was going to install 08 door panels .

So if anyone wants it before I trade it off 20k buys it as it sits . For 24 K I will fix everything . Here is a link to my old for sale add . http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/tru...F-350+For+sale

Last edited by Bad Night; 02-03-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.