Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Should i trade 08 6.4 for new 11 6.7 ???

3K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  ShirtaDay.com 
#1 ·
Hi guys i was wondering if i should trade my 08 6.4 cre cab with 17000 miles on it for a 2011???? Is the 6.7 so much better and what is your opinion thanks. Will the 6.7 ever have as much power as the 6.4 tuned ? thanks

#2 ·
I traded my 08 with 27k miles. I had sank alot of money into my lift, wheels, tires, tuning, engine, tranny, etc and the trade up to the 6.7 was well worth it. I have not second guessed my purchase yet.

#4 ·
I really,really,really miss my 6.4. Most of that is just because of the power I had with the H&S and other mods. After talking to a few guys I just don't think the 6.7 will put out as much power as the 6.4 without alot more cash spent. The 6.4 proved to be king with just a tuner and deletes. IMO the 6.4 will go down as the best mod friendly diesel Ford has had. It's sad it had such a short run.:(

#5 ·
I would wait unless you are having problems with your 08 or if you are going to exit the warranty period :/.

I say wait b/c the longer you wait, the better chances for better discounts. As well, the 6.4 values have gone up (my 2010 sure has) since all of the 6.4s are off of the lots.

#6 ·
like everyone else said i would wait for the discounts to get deeper and the 6.7 to prove itself a little longer

#7 ·
No looking back here. Lovin that 6.7

#8 ·
Had 3 6.4l and wouldn't turn back for anything now. I loved my tuned 2010 and everything I had on it, but my 2011 is great in its own and actually has some new great features. I say if you really want it, then buy it, and if your iffy about it stick with the 6.4l. Either way you will have a great truck.

#9 ·
true that!!!:icon_ford::icon_ford:

#11 ·
I just got back from the stealership and they only came down $7600. off the sticker to include the rebates. Then they slapped me in the face by offering me 17k for my 2007 F-250 crew cab, 4x4, king ranch. I just looked at them and said so much for brand loyalty, I own 3 fords, and what you've just proven to me is Fords don't hold there value. Not really happy with my local dealer right now.

#12 ·
how many miles on the 2007?

#15 ·
You are always better off selling on your own rather than trading, even when you factor in sales tax. A dealer can/will never give you what you can sell it for privately, but, it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. The marketplace will tell you what your truck is worth.

#17 ·
Also thinking about trading in my 2008 for a 2011. At 57,750. About to exit the 60k warranty.

Was visiting my wife's friend in Houston this weekend and her dad has a new 2011 F-250. Said he was seeing ~22.5 mpg on the highway. That's my motivation. But it seems he may be stretching the truth?

#19 ·
His nose must be about 2ft. long!!!:hehe::hehe:

#18 ·
Its funny how the people still driving the '08's say hold on to them and the people with the '11's say move on up. Personally, if I could afford to trade I'd be at the dealership right now. Not that my 6.4 hasn't treated me well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.