Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Electronic Locking Axle?

7K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  1tough_crew 
#1 ·
New here, hopefully this is where this question goes. I am going to order an F250 6.7 4x4 Supercab. I am interested in the electronic locking axle option. When parking my camper, I back my 5th wheel off pavement, up a slope covered with gravel. I have to put my "97 into 4x4 once I get rear wheels on gravel or it spins out. I'm thinking that the E-lock would prevent this, if I can engage it without going to 4x4. If it requires 4x4 to engage the locker. the locker seems redundant. Thanks for opinions and experiences, Pete

#2 ·
Pete, no you do not have to be in 4 Wheel Drive to engage the E-Locker on these trucks. There is a rotary switch for the 4X4 H and L, for the rear locking differential all you need to do is pull the switch out and they are locked! :thumb: Cool system... just like the big rigs. :woot:

Hope this helped!

#3 ·
mine doesn't have it!! wtf. is it cause of the dually

#9 ·
#7 · (Edited)
Remember, without using the ELA, you will only have one rear wheel and one front pulling when in 4WD. When it is locked you now have 3 wheels pulling. I don't see it as redundant. I see it as an awesome option I wish I had!
Dually's do not have an ELA as an option, only a limited slip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.