Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Is the 6.7 expensive to maintain?

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  robert0 
#1 ·
I've got a 6.0 and I can't beleive how much the filters cost and how often they need to be replaced. Was asking some of my work associates about their trucks (Dodges and GM's) and their maint. cost are about half of the 6.0 powerstrokes, and it seems most of it is due to the substantially higher filter costs like oil and fuel. How about the 6.7 is it any cheaper to change the oil and fuel filters for example?

#2 ·
Oil filters about $17, fuel filters about $50. Takes 15 quarts.

#5 ·
Fandini, learn where to buy your filters and you won't be saying the 6.0 is too expensive to maintain.

Buy your Racor fuel filters from an International dealer for just under $40 for the two.

For your oil filters, the Fram at wally world is made by Racor and is the exact same filter in the motorcraft box next to it. It's $17 and the Motorcraft is like $19 or $20. If it makes you feel better to buy the Motorcraft filter go for it, but they're the same.

As long as your put nothing but Racor manufactured filters in your truck you're golden. Ford charges around $90 for the same exact fuel filters International sells for the exact same HFCM on their VT365 applications.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.