Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Blinking RED!

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  armyguy209 
#1 ·
I took my truck to the dealer for 15,000 mi service today and they change the oil and fuel filters and check all the fliuds.Truck ran great and seem to have a bit more power as well!
But,I notice a red light blinking...I think its the alarm lights!!(its down by your left knee) Anyone know how to get it to turn off??
Thanks guys

#2 ·
I'm not positive, but this sounds like one of those alarms the dealers install and then try to sell it to you for an extra 4 or 5 hundred bucks. If you don't buy it they leave it in the vehicle and don't arm it. Problem is, you are looking at a red light for as long as you have the truck or you can remove it and have a nice hole in the dash.

I passed up a deal on a new car about 5 years ago because of this "sales tactic". We had a deal made until they told me they would not replace the dash piece they had drilled for the light because "it was an expensive part". I told them they should sell the car before drilling holes in it that the new owner might not want and walked out of the deal.

BTW - this alarm system they offer is the same as one of those $59 cheapy systems you can buy at any discount parts store.

If what you have in your truck is what I have described, your options are to replace the dash piece they destroyed for you or cover the light with tape or something.

Sorry - Good Luck

#4 ·
X2..I was gonna say the same thing...BUT I would make 100% sure that it is only an indicator light and isnt spliced into anything else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.