Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Ordered my first Ford and First Diesel 11 F250

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  blueovalman14 
#1 ·
Dropped off my deposit at the dealership yesterday for a 2011 F250 details below.

I have read through these forums and a few other boards and decided to make my first post here. You all seem much more informed about the workings of the diesel motors. Everyone here also seems much more helpful and less negative so thank you for that. I have been looking into the performance side more then anything and have found great information here.

I am currently driving a 2009 Chevy Silverado 4x4 and have a few older Chevy's as projects and show cars including a full custom 1960 Impala. I recently went to test drive the new Chevy HD and loved that truck but a friend of mine works at Ford and asked me to come by. Took out a CC 4x4 F250 loaded and fell in love with how it rides and dives. It drives and rides better then my 1/2ton and includes great features. For me buying a bigger truck means backing it into my garage with limited space (3" to spare over all) so the auto folder mirrors sold me instead of having to get out and pull in the passenger mirrors constantly.

I have never been a brand guy so going from the Chevy to the Ford is not a big deal and look forward to seeing how this works out. I do make long trips and end up in very small towns and am worried about the DEF and would like to do a delete and a tune for towing the cars around to shows. The trailer options are also very beneifical to me and look forward to using this.

***My question is with all the talk of warranty void with custom tuning has anyone actually brought in their truck with a tuner or downpipe back kit and been voided? I have seen the posts from the warranty sheets and such but I want to know about real world experiences.***

2011 F250 CC 4x4 Lariat Short Bed
6.7 Diesel 6 Speed
Royal Red Metallic Adobe Leather 40/40 console
Navigation with backup cam and parking assist

See less See more
#2 ·
I just bought a 2011 and trust me, you will not need a tuner for this truck. It's got tons of torque and HP right out of the factory. My 6.4 was nothing compared to this one.

#3 ·
Congrats and welcome to the org! Your truck has a lot of power stock. But if you do want to delete then just make sure you return to stock before you take it in.

#4 ·
Theres a handful of 6.4 guys that have had their warranties voided, but be smart; if youre gonna tune be prepared to return it to stock for repairs. Congrats on the new truck, post some pics when you get it.

#5 ·
Thank you for the input does anyone have any details on warranty void since the ECU now records power changes?

#8 ·
I am getting ready to turn 40,000 miles, I work all over. I have never experienced a problem running low, or out of def. I work in small towns, large cities, and often in remote areas. The hassle...to me does not justify the expense, the effort. If I were in a small town, and my truck was tuned...having my oem equipment shipped, reinstalled to keep my warranty would be a frightmare.

My .02 (current economy = .27, in 2012 will be $434.00 due to rampant inflation :doh:).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.