Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Keyless Entry

2K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  xxrated 
#1 ·
Just bought an F250 KR CC 4x4 last week and I was told by the salesman that the keyless entry code will come when I get my plates in. Has anybody else got this answer?

#2 ·
It should be in the manual. I think he's covering because he lost it.

#4 ·
It's a little wallet size card with 5 numbers printed on it with the fancy Ford writing on it.

#5 ·
Like he said, it should be in the manual. If you can't find it though, they should be able to look it up or something and tell you what it is. Then you can change the code to whatever you want it to be so it is easily remembered.

#10 ·
You will need the original code to change it, you can't use a custom code to change it. I don't remember seeing anything in the nav manual for changing it, but who knows. If you can't find it then the dealer can get it, you just have to provide proof of ownership.

#11 ·
You are not changing the code when you program a new number - you are adding a new number

You should find out where you card is. And if the dealer did not supply it find out how they are going to make it right.
There is a pocket for the key code card in your owners manual jacket.

I would not want to know that my code is floating around somewhere in the dealership.

#12 ·
Well my card was not in the glove box or owners manual and that goes back to the salesman telling me when I bought the truck that I will get my code when my plates and registration come in. I dont know why that is but I would like to use the keyless entry.

#13 ·
Well my card was not in the glove box or owners manual and that goes back to the salesman telling me when I bought the truck that I will get my code when my plates and registration come in. I dont know why that is but I would like to use the keyless entry.
i dunno...sounds kinda weird to me. never heard that one before :dunno:

#15 ·
Yeah, not that it a huge deal, but you didn't get everything when you took delivery. Ford packages the manual at the factory that goes with each truck, the dealer takes it all out and puts it into the case and the card is in there. They've lost it.

#19 ·
I believe the manual will tell you to look for the card in the glove box.thats where I found mine.:nod:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.