Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Speedo Calibration Tool?

6K views 29 replies 7 participants last post by  11stroke67 
#1 ·
My 22.5's are coming in a couple days. From my research, I have found that the dealer can only go up one size to fix the speedo. Is anyone making a tool yet for the 2011 to adjust speedo for tire sizes? I don't want a tuner or anything. Just something to fix my speedometer. :dunno:

#4 ·
I've thought about going ahead and getting the H&S because I figured way down the road I would tune anyways, but I am not planning to yet. The only thing is, I had the Spartan on my 2010 and liked it but really never used the DashDaq. I turned it on, but never really felt like I needed it. I am definitely going H&S this time if I do delete later on, but honestly I think the XRT would better fit my needs. I wonder when this would be available? My tires are supposed to measure 36.6". If I could program to 35" then that would still be a lot closer than the stock 31" tires, so I could handle that.

#7 ·
#11 ·
I am going to want to do the same thing. My new tires are going to be 33.5 compared to 31.?? That are on there now. Wonder if that can be done by the dealer.

For your truck I'd suggest just doing a front leveling kit and a set of shocks. I think the ride will be good and reliable but the look will be much better.

#12 ·
From what I've read, the dealer can only program to one size up from stock on the 2011 for some reason. I see American Force in your sig. Do you have 19.5's or 22's or something? If so could you post a pic?

#13 ·
I wonder what one size up from stock would be considered.

I don't have my wheels on yet, waiting for some part a and my painter still. I am going with 26" American force freedom wheels.

My next question and concern is what I'm going to do with the wheel sensors. I wonder if h&s can delete the need for them in their tuning.

#14 ·
I don't think the drw have tpms. My 09 dually didn't seem to have them. I let my air down to like 20 psi in one of my rear tires and drove for about 15 miles just to see and no light ever came on. But for now I do know that no tuner out there is capable of turning this off yet.

#15 ·
Now that you mention that i remember that some of the 6.4 Dually's were reported not to have wheel sensors. That would be great if that's the case even though I already spent 300 bucks for new sensors for the new wheels. Wonder who could tell me for sure.

#16 ·
Guys the dealer can do all of the stock available sizes, the biggest being 275/65r20 34.2 inch tall. Thats what Im running and it is much better than it was. I came from 33" (stock 18's) to 35.5". And since 2008 ALL cars and light trucks have been REQUIRED to have and use TPMS. The duallys have em'

#17 ·
Not all have them I have a friend with a 2010 dodge dually. He has had two different sets of wheels on his truck. He does not have tpms. I do not believe that my truck has them. I won't know for sure til my wheels come in but will make sure to post here and let everyone know what I find out.

#19 ·
Always a guy like this in a thread ^^^^....I have no reason or need to bet any money. I am not here to start a childish pissing match. I am only stating what I have seen for myself and what I have read. As I already stated above, I drove my 09 for about 15 miles with the tire psi at 20. No light. My friends truck ABSOLUTELY DID NOT have tpms on his truck at any point in time. He bought one of the very first dodge duallys that hit the lot with the new body style. I work with him everyday and talk about his truck all the time. He had a set of 19.5" Alcoas and now a set of Rockstars with 35" Trail Grapplers on them. At no point and time was a tpms sensor found, nor has a light came on after him driving 20,000 miles. I have done a search this morning for TPMS and DRW and have found in many different places, including for Dodge, Chevy and Ford that DRW trucks do not have TPMS. This is what I read. I will only know this for an absolute fact for a 2011 next week when my new wheels arrive and I put them on.

#20 ·
Then take the bet. I've never been on a forum so full of people not willing to listen,and im on a lot of forums as my garage is full of cars and trucks. I own a few tire stores so i feel I have experience in this subject. Isn't that why we visit forums, to gain knowledge? Is your friends dodge a 4500? Next time your in his truck look for a "light load" button below the radio.

#21 ·
I am not saying your wrong. I don't think you get it. I am just giving the information that I have read or seen for my self. Like I said I won't know for sure until I put my wheels on and find out. Then I can give a 100% positive fact about the truck that I own. My friends truck is a 3500. I take the information just as well as I give it. But if I see something for myself then that is the information I go with and give out.

#22 ·
Im gunna retract my previous statement. I pulled out my copy of the "tread act" and it states 10k gvw and less all have to have tpms. Above that they do not. Im sure a crew cab f350 is above that. Looks like you probably don't have the tpms. Although I know I've seen one tons with them. Do they offer different gvw's?

#24 ·
My 2010 F350 had a GVWR of 11,500. It was a SRW and it did have the TPMS. However I still don't believe that the DRW has them. Wether I am wrong or not, I will make sure to post once I find out so that we can clear this up.

#23 ·
It's not up to the manufacturer anymore whether or not they put TPMS on vehicles. It's federally mandated that any vehicle (except commercial vehicles) manufactured after September 1, 2007 must have TPMS.

Yes they offer different GVW's. I've got the 11,000 GVW on mine but I know they offer a 9,900 GVW on SRW. But I've also got TPMS.

#25 ·
I agree that its by GVWS that is the determining factor in if these trucks have them or not and because the duallys are above I dont think they have them. Looks like we have two guinea pigs here that will be able to let everyone know shortly....

#27 ·
You have the Hypertech Speedometer Calibrater and it works on a 2011? I've looked at these but it does not show that it will work on a 2011 Ford Superduty Diesel. It's not listed atleast.

#29 ·
I see that they have a Pro Comp Brand and a Hypertech Brand. This one is called a procomp but made by Hypertech? I tried calling Hypertech but they are only open Monday thru Friday. Was it a handheld programmer or a part that you had to wire in and leave in your truck?

#30 ·
yeah hypertech makes it. its the module that u have to hook to computer and tell it what tire size/gear ratio you have then take the instrument cluster out and it goes inline with the gauge cluster, so it stays in the truck and ford cant accuse you of hooking a tuner up to it and void warranty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.