Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

How do you reset the oil sensor after you change it??

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Latetowork 
#1 ·
I do my own oil changes but can't figure out how to reset the computer. Anyone??:doh:

#2 ·
In my chevy suburban, I had to cycle the key on-off-of and mash the gas peddle 3 times in 5 second (I think). It was described in the owners maual. I'd look there for some info. Or call the ford dealer?

#3 ·
look in the owners manual. on newer chevy trucks it is key on a hit the gas pedal 3 times to the floor in 5 seconds

#7 ·
Stole this from somewhere else. Figured it was general Ford stuff, worth a try.

There are three types of dashes

Oil Life Reset - Message Center Cluster
Press and release the SETUP button until the message center displays OIL LIFE XXX% HOLD RESET = NEW OIL.
Press and hold the RESET button for 2 seconds and release when the message center displays OIL LIFE SET TO XXX%.
Press and release the SETUP button to exit the procedure.

Oil Life Reset - Base Instrument Cluster (IC)
NOTE: All message center functions are carried out using the single stem SELECT/RESET button in the Instrument Cluster (IC).
Press and release the SELECT/RESET button to scroll through the information displays until the message center displays HOLD RESET FOR SETUP MENU.
Press and hold the SELECT/RESET button for approximately 2 seconds until the message center displays OIL LIFE XXX% HOLD RESET = NEW.
Press and hold the SELECT/RESET button for approximately 2 seconds until the message center displays OIL LIFE SET TO XXX%.
Release the SELECT/RESET button and allow the setup timer to expire to exit the procedure.

Oil Life Start Value - Message Center Cluster
Press and release the SETUP button until the message center displays OIL LIFE XXX% HOLD RESET = NEW OIL.
Press and hold the RESET button for 2 seconds and release when the message center displays OIL LIFE SET TO XXX%.
Press and release the RESET button to decrease the oil life start value (from 100% to 10%) for each 10% reduction until the desired oil life start value is displayed.
Press and release the SETUP button to exit the procedure.

Oil Life Start Value - Base Instrument Cluster (IC)
NOTE: All message center functions are carried out using the single stem SELECT/RESET button in the Instrument Cluster (IC).
Press and release the SELECT/RESET button to scroll through the information displays until the message center displays HOLD RESET FOR SETUP MENU.
Press and hold the SELECT/RESET button for approximately 2 seconds until the message center displays OIL LIFE XXX% HOLD RESET = NEW.
Press and hold the SELECT/RESET button for approximately 2 seconds until the message center displays OIL LIFE SET TO XXX%.
NOTE: The oil life start value reduces by 10% for each second that the SELECT/RESET button is held once the oil life start value begins decreasing.
Continue to hold the SELECT/RESET button until the oil life begins to decrease in value (from 100% down to 10%), continuing to hold until the desired start value is displayed.
Release the SELECT/RESET button and allow the setup timer to expire to exit the procedure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.