Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Happy with your 6.7?

4K views 26 replies 23 participants last post by  surveyor13 
#1 ·
Ok, I am about to purchase either a 2009 6.4 King Ranch with about 10k miles on her or bite the bullet and just get a brand new 6.7 King Ranch. What would be the good decision? Should I save about 10k and spend more on mods or go ahead and get the new technology and the potential to be a better truck than the 6.4? Thanks for y'alls opinions ahead of time.

#2 ·
2011 by far! I had a 2008 and everything about the 2011 blows it away.

#3 ·
My boss just blew up the motor in his 6.0 and bought a 6.7 with a flatbed. They are pretty sick trucks, and the king ranch are really nice but no tuning if offered at this time. I'm sure everyone is gonna tell you it's a personal opinion. Both great trucks, but you can get the 6.4 up to like 535 hp with a tuner and dpf delete. So, its kinda depends on what your plans are for the truck.

#5 ·
My dad loves his but hes only had it about a week

#6 ·
I love my 6.7 so far. But then again this is my first diesel so I dont have anything to compare it against.

The nice thing about the newer trucks is, a warranty, cool options like 5th wheel prep package, the new nav system is killer too, and of course... new truck smell :nod:. Its all in what you want tho... do you want to mod... or just have a nice new shiney truck?

On the flip side.. you might be able to find a left over 2010 hiding somewhere for an awesome deal.

#7 ·
I dont have one yet but I do have a lot of time behind the wheel of them now and it blows my 7.3 away (specs in sig) like my 7.3 blew my 6.2L 84 Chevy away.

#8 ·
The 09 is a great truck. put 85k on one. The 6.4, dpf filter, and the transmission are ok... kinda like comparing a tape deck (Pioneer Super Tuner) to a I-Pod, or digital medium. The tape deck can deliver great sound, but....it's a tape deck! The 6.4 is a limited run engine, the 6,7 is a fresh platform. To me, it was an easy decision...

#10 · (Edited)
ive had an 07 harley edition ,08 harley edition and now a 2011 king ranch and by far the 2011 takes it. its so sweet.

#11 ·
i'll probably get yelled at here but i can take some ball bustin.... in august faced you same problem but money being a big factor i was looking more at xlt packages which is fine with me... i drove a 2010 6.4 and a 2011 6.7 and hands down the 6.7 felt more powerfull and more responsive, on the other hand i can never leave things stock and did a bit of research on 6.4s and knew its potentials... i also like the 08-10 look better but i will admit the 11's are growing on me... with that being said and with the smoking deals on leftovers i bought a 6.4 and and very happy with it! either way you can't go wrong! let us know what you decide!

#14 ·
Great point Tony.
Thats part of the reasons why I bought the 2011...i wanted a truck that powerful enough that I can leave it stock :thumb:

#13 ·
We are very happy with my dads F350, the truck it self is amazing compared to the 06's that we owned.

the engine is definatly no worse on fuel than his 06 6.0 but with more power!

mine is on order, and will definatly be modded. his will remain stock, it will be nice to compare numbers!

#15 ·
Lovin' my 6.7

Hey guy's I'm new here. After driving Cummings 5.9 and 6.7 and PS 6.4, I can say that the 6.7 is by far better. I work in the North Dakota Oilpatch and drive home to Wyoming. I can haul 10,000 Lb trailers around without even noticing a loss of power and still get better mileage than the others. My mileage is bet. 18-24 on the highway and 15-16 in town. I get 15-16 hauling trailers on the highway.:icon_ford:

#16 ·
Hey guy's I'm new here. After driving Cummings 5.9 and 6.7 and PS 6.4, I can say that the 6.7 is by far better. I work in the North Dakota Oilpatch and drive home to Wyoming. I can haul 10,000 Lb trailers around without even noticing a loss of power and still get better mileage than the others. My mileage is bet. 18-24 on the highway and 15-16 in town. I get 15-16 hauling trailers on the highway.:icon_ford:
No offense but there is no way you are getting 15-16mpg pulling a 10,000 pound trailer on the highway. I can't get that pulling a 20' Bass Boat around. I hope your not reading the lie-o-meter and going with what it says.

#17 ·
I'm biased since its been less than 24 hours, but this thing is killer. HUGE difference from my 06, and a lot different than the 08-10s some of my coworkers have.

This truck is nicer than my boss's Range Rover

I agree with the above statements on power. I don't need to mess with this one. It's just as powerful, if not more, than my tuned 06. It's no slouch

I wont be able to NOT mod it though... I already had a lock pick waiting and have ordered the roof clearance lights...then the DIY harley lights with projectors...today the little lift...etc etc etc. I have a problem, but this is the first time I actually considered not modding a truck

#21 ·
I love the 6.7! It is the best truck I have ever owned. But with that being said I had some bad luck (lets hope it is simply luck) and the truck only has 2,000 miles on it. Ask me this same question in a year or two after some hard miles, I hope I have the same answer.

#22 ·
5,200 miles and love every 1 of them:thumb:. Had a 2000 f350 and a 2007 f250 now 2011 f350 I also drive a 2004 durajunk:doh: for work 43000 miles and has been in the shop twice for injectors and now the brake light and abs light is on:confused:. Ford 6.7 all the way:icon_ford:

#23 ·
I had a 6.4L that was a great truck and no problems but after a friend suggested I should drive the new 6.7L. Well that was a mistake :hehe:
So now I'm the owner of a 11 6.7L and love it and the new 6 speed automatic.
I don't plan on doing any engine mods, don't see a need for it but that's just me. All I know is when I need accelerate or get in and out of traffic quick in my congested area this thing moves :woot: Knock on wood it will be as trouble free as my 6.4L.

#24 ·
I like my new '11, but my fuel milage sucks. I've only got 800 miles on it but these regens every 120 miles are killing me. I'm not seeing anywhere close to the 18-19 highway mpg that some on here are claiming. I'm averaging 15.2 as of now. About 65% of the miles have been highway, cruise set at 70. I sure hope it gets better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.