Where do you wash your truck? I'm serious - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 12:42 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where do you wash your truck? I'm serious

I live in a condo association so I don't have access to a hose easily. Other than mooching a friends hose and driveway, does anyone here use a self-wash place or do you guys actually use the car washes in the neighborhood? My local guy will do F-250s but I'm a little worried taking her through the autowash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2011, 01:02 PM
riddin' high

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dasaliac03 Send a message via Skype™ to Dasaliac03
I can fold my mirrors in and go through a local car wash, always use a TOUCHLESS or it will tear something up, they aren't designed for full size trucks
Old 01-09-2011, 01:07 PM
IBEW Journeyman Lineman

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
When I work out of town I stay in my 5th wheel camper and alot of campgrounds are against vehicle washing in your spot. I now ALWAYS go to a do it yourself wash. I've been through several washes in CA where they drive your truck through the wash while you wait then they detail it. Then get the truck and they did a shoddy job on it and/ or took things. I've had my keyless entry fob stolen at washes twice. Then asked before too about wiping the wheels off and the exhaust tip off and they said that wasn't included! I'd rather have a dirty truck then let someone else wash it anymore.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Premium Member

I go to the self service washes in the winter. A lot of them are taking credit cards now and the hot water they have is great. Summer time I wash it at home.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

my parents own a car wash... its got 5 diy bays with hot water. (hot water is awesome in january in utah) and an auto wash, i call it the the death trap auto wash, i avoid it, i get my old mans keys unlock the box and turn the wash on get it as clean as i want it put the box back into coin mode and say thanks pops!
Old 01-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Premium Member

Do you know if owning a car wash like the ones they've got here in Utah is profitable. Just curious.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i have an 05 CCSB and take it thru 2 different brush washes in my area. Both have max height bars and stock it's only about 3 inches below so lifted trucks won't make it. Fold the mirrors in and have a clean truck in the middle of winter!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
I've been through several washes in CA where they drive your truck through the wash while you wait then they detail it. Then get the truck and they did a shoddy job on it and/ or took things. Then asked before too about wiping the wheels off and the exhaust tip off and they said that wasn't included!
Those are the carwashes you want to avoid like the plague. First they run it through their carwash tunnel to rinse some of the solid dirt off and you're left with a dirt film on the truck. Then they dry your truck with their dirty cheap towels they have dried 20 other cars with that haven't been washed in last 5 years. As they are drying the truck they are just dragging dirt and brake dust all over the paint causing light clearcoat scratches and swirls.

Best thing to do is bring your own supplies and wash the truck in the spray off bay.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:25 PM

i work at a car wash and take mine threw atleast once a week with stacks and the mirrors out... we have a "state of the art" wash tho. just spent a couple hundred grand last year on it. it does a fantastic job. just have to take off my antenna
Old 01-10-2011, 07:35 PM

I get out in the cold and wash it, one place around here has the heated DIY sprayers. I dont know how far your willing to go for your truck though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.