New member with a reflash question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 07:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New member with a reflash question

Hello, my name is Kyle. Normally I only lurk and try to learn all I can. I am the proud new owner of a Silver Ingot/gray trim CC 4x4 Lariat.
My question is, my truck was built 9/10/10 which according to all i can find was built with the 400/800 flash but the dealer is telling me it has not been reflashed and i will need to have it done. Does anyone know for sure if trucks built after the first week of September already has the 400/800 flash?
Thanks in advance for all help.

Kyle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

First ...congrats on your new ride
You'll love it
Easy check to see if its got the flash!
Put it in "D"...then click on the "+" or"-" on the shifter(the gear indicator will come on the info ctr)...put it in park(make sure the gear indicator is still on)...shut the truck off and restrart.
If the gear indicator is still on then its been flashed...if not ...gotta get flash!
Hope that help.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:02 AM

Welcome aboard as a contributing member Kyle, and congrats on your new Ford Super Duty!!

Before being reflashed, our trucks would not "remember" the gear indicator setting when the key was turned off. After the reflash, they do.

If you can see the gear list (1 at bottom and 6 at the top) on the right side of the center display, and this appears each time you start your truck, you have the new software.

If you do not see the gear list displayed while the engine is running and you are in "drive", press the manual toggle switch on the shift lever one time at the top of the switch. This should turn on the gear indicator. Once you have this turned on, shut the truck down. When you restart the truck and put it in "drive" you should see the gear list display. Before the reflash, the gear list display would not come back on and we had to toggle the switch "on" every time.

Now - I think it is only fair to warn you, many dealers will reflash your truck "just to be sure" when they have it in thier shop for any reason (first oil change is common). In the early days of reflashing, some dealers messed up the reflash and a few guys had sick trucks after. I do not know if this is still happening but if you feel your truck has the new software, you should make a very strong request to leave your truck alone when you leave it at the dealer!!

If your truck has not been reflashed - I strongly urge you to get this done. The power increase is nice but you may not notice much in the seat of your pants HOWEVER the changes to the transmission are awesome.

Good Luck
Old 01-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I see the gear indicator (1-6) every time I drive the truck without doing anything. I guess this means I have the 400/800 software. I will make sure to ask them to not reflash it.
Thank you for all of your help.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:57 AM

I'm new to the PSD world. My '11 F250 XLT has been sitting in the driveway less than 24 hours. Glad to be part of such a knowledgable community. Really appreciate the articulate answers you provided to the OP above. Just wanted to let you know that you helped more than one person.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:09 PM

Glad to hear that crew, Thanks.

Cudos on your new truck to you. When you get time, please add some info in your sig line about your truck or even better, post some pics!!

We love our trucks around here so you will fit right in very soon!!! You just need a few miles to fall head over heels with these new Super Duty diesels!!
Old 01-04-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ups 6.0 View Post
First ...congrats on your new ride
You'll love it
Easy check to see if its got the flash!
Put it in "D"...then click on the "+" or"-" on the shifter(the gear indicator will come on the info ctr)...put it in park(make sure the gear indicator is still on)...shut the truck off and restrart.
If the gear indicator is still on then its been flashed...if not ...gotta get flash!
Hope that help.
Just ran out and checked mine. It's kind of funky. When I put it in Park the "1-6" disappears. When I put it back in Drive, it does show back up automatically (after a restart even). I'm betting mine is Job 2 (even though it's not mentioned on the sticker), just some quirky software thing.
Thanks again,
Old 01-04-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowdoc View Post
Glad to hear that crew, Thanks.

Cudos on your new truck to you. When you get time, please add some info in your sig line about your truck or even better, post some pics!!

We love our trucks around here so you will fit right in very soon!!! You just need a few miles to fall head over heels with these new Super Duty diesels!!
Yes sir. Will do. Bonus for me: My wife thinks it too big to drive, so I will be the only one to grace the driver's seat for the time being.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:44 PM

Yes crew, that is normal for the job 2 software. You are up to date.

Wanna bet how long before wifey takes over???
Old 01-04-2011, 04:58 PM

It sounds like you guys are all set with job 2
Now lets see some pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.