ride quality of 250 vs 350 unloaded - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 03:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ride quality of 250 vs 350 unloaded

Compared to the 250's I had driven my 350 seems to have a harsher ride when empty.
Specs on my truck- SRW,standard 350 suspension with 11,500 rating, 20" wheels, FX4 cc sb.

The question I can't seem to answer is: would a 250 with camper package have the same front and rear springs as a standard suspension 350. Looked at neighbors 250 with camp package and could not tell a difference visually besides the rear block height. Is the actual front coil spring and rear 3 spring pack heavier or do they just add the overload to it? Is there any specs on the spring rating?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2011, 06:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I do not know if this will help. My friend and I both have the F- 350 mine is a short bed his is long.

He hates his ride as well and he has the camper and plow packages. The first night I got mine home I was reading the spring part numbers and we have different front and rear springs.

So I would venture to answer question they do not have the same springs since our two F-350s do not.

If you are in close with the parts department they can get a ton of comparison information off the VIN numbers.

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I was posting a lot of questions on other forums trying to nail down the differences between the F250 vs F350. When I test drove the trucks back to back they rode the same to me. I confirmed the by asking about the rear springs. The only difference in the rear is the taller block and the overload.

When you put the camper package on the F250 you get the same overload (also a sway bar) but no rear F350 block. As for the front end I was told it is the exact same. There are other differences with the F350 but it is not suspension related.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Forgot to mention. When you start comparing trucks with the FX4 or camper package the also indicate a 1 up computer selected front suspension. At least I think that's how it's worded. At any rate the front end is the same as long as you are comparing a truck with the same packages.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Premium Member

Not too sure about the springs, but my '11 F350 is a LWB with SRW and the camper package. It rides a thousand times better than my 08 SWB F250. I think ride quality has a lot to do with wheelbase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.