Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Fixing To Make The Jump - What Size Tires?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  richc22a 
#1 ·
Well I have sat back and drooled just about long enough. I love my truck, but I am going to sell/trade it in the next month or two for a 2011 King Ranch Dually. I would like to go to a dually, and just put bigger tires on it and leave the suspension alone, with the exception of maybe a leveling kit. I lift every truck I get and I would like to keep this one down. I just think the stock tires are too small. What is the largest tires I could run on a stock wheel? I am assuming the wheels are only 6.5" or somewhere in that area. I would like to stick with something like an AT and about the same width or maybe up to 10"-10.5" so they still look stock and tuck, but feel the fender well in. I've looked around a little, but I don't see too may tire sizes to choose for what I am looking for. What do you guys think?

#2 ·
uhm....man. Sheesh... well... and ..shoot. Dang.... (all this for a bump!!! :bump:).

My thought has been, I use my truck for a dd, office, and pulling a fifth wheel. I pretty much figger the engineering is spec for my towing needs. That said, keep us posted on what you find. I would not mind a slightly larger tire with a mildly aggressive tread...for..snow, mud, prius...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.