Crack in Transmission... Am I Wrong for Wanting.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: With only 800 miles should Ford....
Ford should replace the entire transmission at only 800 miles! 59 93.65%
Ford should just replace the transmission case at only 800 miles! 4 6.35%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 06:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Crack in Transmission... Am I Wrong for Wanting....

Hello everyone... this day is starting off like garbage and to make matters even worse I got an email from Ford this morning regarding my cracked transmission.

See... the truck came to me with a crack in the transmission housing. I noticed the oil on the axle and shocks with only 40 miles on it. I was under it reading part numbers off the springs and axle to a friend in KC the first hour I had. I did not think anything of it, my thoughts were it was over serviced at the factory or it came off the transport.

Well that was not the case... at 800 miles and after finding a puddle on the garage floor I took it to the dealership to find out it was cracked. They emailed Ford and the fix is to replace the housing only! So with 800 miles I am going to have a rebuilt transmission!!!

I want a new transmission and not a rebuilt one..... am I wrong for wanting this? Everyone is telling me they should give me a new truck, this I know is unrealistic... but a new transmission it not!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2010, 06:20 AM
Premium Member

I'd really push for the new tranny, but if they threw in a warranty covering your "new" tranny for, say, 150,000 miles, then I'd be happy.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:21 AM

They are not taking about throwing anything in!
Old 12-20-2010, 06:26 AM
Premium Member

That sucks. You could argue that due the leak, you're worried about internal damage on the tranny from low fluid level. How high up the Ford ladder have you gone? Are you going through the service manager for everything or do you have a contact with Ford directly. I'd start making a fuss and see if you can talk to somebody higher up that actually wants to keep you as a customer.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:32 AM

With a new engine and trans platform I am actually surprised that they are not replacing the entire trans - get the unit back to R&D to find out why.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mor4wd View Post
That sucks. You could argue that due the leak, you're worried about internal damage on the tranny from low fluid level. How high up the Ford ladder have you gone? Are you going through the service manager for everything or do you have a contact with Ford directly. I'd start making a fuss and see if you can talk to somebody higher up that actually wants to keep you as a customer.
I sent an email to he VP of Communications Mr. Ray Day and have been talking to an Executive Liaison. The next person up would be Mulally himself!

I am wanting to return the truck... it hasn't even been 30days yet and the plates are due the 23rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
With a new engine and trans platform I am actually surprised that they are not replacing the entire trans - get the unit back to R&D to find out why.

I found out they cannot find an entire transmission!! I told them I know where there is a stack of them just 5 hours away!!!
Old 12-20-2010, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mor4wd View Post
I'd start making a fuss and see if you can talk to somebody higher up that actually wants to keep you as a customer.
Actually the dealership is pulling for me hard. I am friends with them, but they are saying they can only do what Ford tells them.

EVERYONE THERE AGREES I SHOULD GET A NEW TRANSMISSION.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:06 AM

If anyone reading this works of Ford and would like to offer help please send me a PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:12 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
HOLD IT! You obviously ordered this truck in right? The crack didn't happen at 800 miles, it was cracked when it showed up which means it happened at 0 miles and not even in your posession. If the dealer doesn't make it right, they are chicken s**t no matter what Ford says. This is the problem with things these days... noone even knows what the word warranty means anymore and it's not worth the paper they print it on. In my book it's a trans replacement with no arguement from them whatsoever. Good Luck
Old 12-20-2010, 07:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Though I risk extreme criticism for this, I think it's a reasonable and legitimate question:

What's it to you? The parts inside are already new (800 miles), so what's the problem with replacing what's broken?

Secondarily, if they don't have spare transmissions around, they're trying to get you back on the road. If you choose to wait for a tranny, you don't have a pickup until they have spare trannies, so they're spending WAAAYY more money by going the way they're trying to go just so that you can have your pickup sooner.

I guess I just don't get it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.