Throttle Managment? Laggy Performance... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 06:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Throttle Managment? Laggy Performance...

Hey Guys,

So I drove both a new 2011 6.7 F-350 king ranch and a 2011 Chevy 2500HD Durmax this weekend. I know that most of these new trucks have electronic throttles on them that are controlled by the computer. By doing this, the manufactures can limit the amount of power sent to the transmission which makes driving these powerful trucks feel laggy and weak.

I was not too impressed with both trucks because the throttle response was pretty bad and I was expecting to be thrown into the back of my seat due to all the torque these trucks have. Do you guys feel the same?

Do you guys know if there is a way to remove this "torque management" as it is called on the Chevy side?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2010, 07:22 AM
Premium Member

You could turn off the traction control. When you drove them, did you wait for the engine to come up to operating temp? They limit power when they are cold to avoid overstressing the engine. Mine definitely throws me back in the seat when I punch it.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:29 AM

I didn't try turning off the TC. I did wait for it to warm up. I let it idle for a good 10 minutes because I was waiting for both my buddy to get back from driving the new 2011 5.0 mustang and the salesman to get back.

Also, does it throw you back into the seat from a rolling 5-10 MPH start or a stand still?

It did kick in more power once it got to a certain RPM range, but I was hoping it would be more powerful at the start.

Thanks for the reply!
Old 12-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Premium Member

Back of the seat no matter what. It's hardest from a stand still but rolling between 5 and 10 mph is pretty good too. Mostly it's tranny downshifting that takes a second. With a brand new truck, the tranny hasn't "learned" everything yet. They say it takes about 5,000 miles to get the tranny all learned up.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:54 PM

I don't drive my truck very hard for the most part...with that being said.Last week I was at the stop light next to a tuned Dodge and he wanted to play and we did....he took off first got me about a truck,so I jump on it and smoke the tires and walked by him like he was sitting still.( also got punch by my wife)
So....yea! it does pull pretty hard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.