2011 C+C HP ratings - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011 C+C HP ratings

So my 2005 F-450 is starting to show its age, and I've been eagerly awaiting the 6.7's so I could place my order for a new one. However, I just discovered that they are only rated at 300hp and 660lb/ft! I haven't spoken to my dealer yet, but does anyone suppose there is a way to get Ford to build me a truck with the higher tune (from what I understand that would mean a different turbo as well), or do you think there is a way to install it afterward and still maintain the factory warranty?

I've been pretty excited about this new engine since I heard about it, and it absolutely crushed me to find out that I would be getting a limp-wristed shadow of what everyone else is getting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2010, 09:53 PM

Why would you not get the 400hp and 800tq?
Old 12-17-2010, 05:19 AM

Limp wristed shadow. lol i didnt know the bigger trucks came with less. makes no sense to me at all. someone on here knows why though
Old 12-17-2010, 08:00 AM

I believe the chassis cab trucks have come with a detuned motor and maybe a diff turbo to ensure longevity. Most people that buy these trucks need them for hard work and that's it. 300/660 will pull just about anything you put behind it albeit not the fastest of all trucks around.

You've also got to factor in that most of the consumers for these are large fleet customers and they don't want their employees driving a truck with that much power around, just creates more of a liability.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

the cab and chassis trucks are de tuned for longevity, as stated above.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So should i assume that the 400/800 engines won't last very long? I realize that 300hp and 660lb/ft is likely plenty for what I'm doing (wrecker), but I still can't help feeling a little gyped!

When GM came out with their medium duty trucks (4500/5500) they offered either the 300hp duramax or a de-tuned 210hp Duramax. They had cited improved fuel economy as the reason for offering the lower powered engine, but at least they offered a choice! Why won't Ford do this?
Old 12-17-2010, 11:30 AM

No that's not what it means at all. They just know that people who buy these trucks for personal use prefer having all the power they can get and most will not keep very long. I don't care what you buy if you have a truck putting down 400/800+ and you drive the crap out of it, you probably shouldn't expect 250k-500k trouble free miles. And before all the cummins and dmax guys come out and say bs, show me a 5.9/6.7c/6.6 that has had over 400hp/800tq for its entire life and driving like a commuter truck not an over the road one and all trouble free 250k+ miles.

The detuned trucks I'm sure get better fuel econ, which is far more important to a fleet customer in addition if the truck isn't run as hard it has a better chance of last a very long time with minimal problems.

Plus IMO if you're buying a 450+ chassis cab and are worrying about mighty power and performance then you're buying the wrong truck for the wrong reasons.

Last edited by MGM; 12-17-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

There are many other difference's from the pickup trucks 400/800 to the cab and chassie trucks. The exhaust system is completely different including the size of the DPF and the location the the uri is injected. The turbo and intake system have major difference's between the two. These difference make the electronic side of the programming completely different, which is why no of the aftermarket tuning devise support the cab and chassie.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

If you didnt absolutly need a 450 and still wanted duel wheels, order a F350 Dully with a pickup box delete. I believe they are the same if you delete the bed, any cab and chassis has the less powerful tune/turbo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.