An Other GM Trick to Fool the Public - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
An Other GM Trick to Fool the Public

An other GM trick to be stronger then the Ford Scorpion.

I was watching the program Motoring 2010 produced in Canada yesterday and they were doing a GM article on the HD Gm's and were saying that GM had beat them all Ford and Ram.

For the test they were using equal bumper hitched short trailers with equal high load tractors mounted on them. My first impression was that the setup allowed the tractor to lift the hitch of the truck on hard acceleration, so the trucks needed to be on 4 x 4 to have proper traction.

Well they mention that the Ram was no contest to the GM and they only filmed the Ford competing with the GM.

The commentator advised that the Ford was unable to be shifted on 4 x 4 High so the test was done with the Ford on 2 x 4 and the GM on 4 x 4.

Now I was as mad as any Ford owner can be, because in no way that a Ford will have the situation of not be able to shift to 4 x 4 high.

So they raced the 1/4 mile and we could see the Ford spinning due to the trailer lifting the rear and the GM on 4 x 4 took of without any spin. The GM did not have enough power to spin all 4 wheels of course. The take off was far advantage GM and the Ford after it was able to gather its traction, as the announcer said, it was catching up with the GM fast and finished about 50 ft behind.

My conclusion is that GM is putting big money and addiing many stupid tricks that we Ford owners have a hard time to believe they would stoop that low in order to prove they are the best.

GM was not fair and the race was no contest as I could see the Ford catching up fast.

It was a farse and If GM has to be that stupid I will never walk in a GM dealership again. Its truly cruel to try to impress the general public while there is so many holes in there testing. Can you imagine the result of the workmanship in their products.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2010, 04:17 PM

If they raced with the Ford in two wheel drive and the GM in four wheel drive it was a very unfair race, you are right on!!! What was their excuse why the Ford would not go into 4 high?? Ford is the only one out there that still has manual hubs in case the vacume system has a problem, all they had to do was lock the hubs and turn the dial to 4 high and it would have worked ( I am assuming it had the shift on the fly on the dash). They sound like idiots.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:41 PM

They just commented that due to unknown reason the Ford was not able to shift to 4 x 4 High.
Its a no brainer that they were cooking up the setup.
I have never, in the 26 years of driving 4 x 4 Ford or GM , had the shifting failed on me.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:18 PM

Send a message via MSN to dusted4eva
Motoring 2010 is a joke. Another focus group with free doughnuts
Old 12-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

my aunt works doing these big shows and stuff and i wanna say it was gm but im not sure and it was on the 150 but they were doing traction test and such and they told her that the fords were too good they needed her to get them a parking lot so they could damage the tires on the ford's and they were lighten em up and damaged them pretty bad she said but even with all that the fords were will kicking a$$ so they did something mechanical to it and the driver did everything your not suppose to do during a test like that. the sad thing is that a lot of people beleive what they see and are to lazy to read but thats there loss.

oh and they destroyed that parking lot which they had to paid to have redone
Old 12-15-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray offroad View Post
my aunt works doing these big shows and stuff and i wanna say it was gm but im not sure and it was on the 150 but they were doing traction test and such and they told her that the fords were too good they needed her to get them a parking lot so they could damage the tires on the ford's and they were lighten em up and damaged them pretty bad she said but even with all that the fords were will kicking a$$ so they did something mechanical to it and the driver did everything your not suppose to do during a test like that. the sad thing is that a lot of people beleive what they see and are to lazy to read but thats there loss.

oh and they destroyed that parking lot which they had to paid to have redone
Thats incredible and completely underhanded, but it is ''Government Motors" and that is how they work (Liberals) LOL!
Old 12-16-2010, 02:44 AM

It can be seen on this site . The drag race is after the BMW section before the end of the show.

oops!!!!! the program freezes when I run it past the GT segment

They might be tweeting it as I am writing.

Motoring TV : Watch MotoringTV

Last edited by caissiel; 12-16-2010 at 03:25 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:32 AM

Was that a 7 minute Chevy commercial under the guise of an automobile show? I thought so...

Didn't see the drag race in the segment, maybe they deleted it on purpose because they realized it was ridiculous.

Hopefully Ford will restage the drag race and see what really happens.

Last edited by t613; 12-17-2010 at 04:38 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:32 AM

this happens alot chevy had there 1500 4x4 against fords f150 which was a two wheel drive and they all cheered and claped when chevy won and i beleave its on youtube now bull **** is what i say. I had a 04 4x4 f150 and pulled against my buddies 08 chevy and dragged him 50 feet im sure. I know these are gas im talking about but it just goes to show car companys will lie there butt of to win you over. I have a great idea get a friend to test drive the chevy 2500 diesel and either use yours or test drive a f250 6.7 and see who wins. I bet your *** ford will i have never had a truck that felt like this new monster. see ford go
Old 12-18-2010, 09:39 AM

Lets not get to stired up. None of the big manufactors are totally innocent of stacking the deck. I look at car commercials as I do political adds, it's all full of BS.

Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.