Newb with good story. I think. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2010, 08:55 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Newb with good story. I think.

Cliffnotes of my story:
Had a 7.3L traded it in for a 11 Ram Cummins drove it for 18hrs and turned around and traded it back for a 6.7 Superduty much happier camper now

So I have been looking for a truck to replace my '00 F250 7.3L for a while and yesterday I finally went to a dealer to find my replacement. I was looking at the Dodge Ram 2500 Lamarie and F250 Lariet both '11 models. So I go there and see what kind of pricing and trade I can get for my truck. Well I found a nicely optioned Ram 2500 with Nav and sunroof stickered for $55k and the dealer came down to $45.5k almost $10k off and to top it off they offered me $13k for my 7.3L which did have only 125k miles but did need some work which was great considering I only paid $10k for it 2 years ago. So to say the least I bought the Dodge. My friend was with me when we bought it so after I bought the truck we go back to his house which is 2 hours away. Next morning me and the new dodge take off, my home is over 600 miles away.... Well I start to get a better feel for the dodge and two things started bugging me right away. 1. the fuel mileage was not so great. I was getting roughly 13mpg cruising at 75. Second, was the power. I thought I would be ok with it when I bought it but trying to keep my speed up was a pain compared to my chipped 7.3. Well unfortunately I was having buyers remorse already at 400 miles. I am thinking great now I can't do anything about it. Well I called my salesman up and asked him if I can return the truck as I was passing by his dealer. At first he said he wasn't sure and if we did it won't be considered new anymore either well I stop by anyway just to see if we can figure something out. Well I talked to the GM (very pleasant guy) and he said I can not buy the truck back but I can give you the full purchase price towards another truck as luck would have it they just received a F350 Lariat with the Lariat Ultimate package so it had Nav and all. The truck stickered for little over $59k. Well after some negotiating he finally sold me the truck for $3500 more than the dodge so a price of $49k. I have driven it now for 200 miles now and I can finally say I finally feel like this truck is my home. So I just wanted to say hi and I am back in the ford family after one day in a dodge. Sorry for the long winded story but I am just excited with the Ford the truck I should have gotten in the first place

Last edited by bigsakius; 12-11-2010 at 01:56 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
You had a moment of stupidity there. I am glad you seen the light and came back.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:33 AM
Retired Army

Glad to hear that the nightmare is over
Old 12-11-2010, 05:16 AM

haha good story now post some pics!
Old 12-11-2010, 05:25 AM

What about the "Ram 60 day handshake deal", seems like you are the perfect guy to take advantage of the money back guarantee they are so proud of. Maybe it is over, glad it all worked out for you, you will be much happier!!
Old 12-11-2010, 05:40 AM

Thanks everyone. Don't get me wrong the ram was a good truck, but I had settled because of the lower price. My mind was always on the Super Duty so lucky for me the dealer was very understanding and got me on my way. They even pushed Ford Mo Co. to match the rate I had got on the dodge which was 4.99% on the Ford as well. If anyone wants a no nonsense dealer I highly recommend that dealer.

Oh ya I did have a few questions,
1. The truck has sirius radio and it was already activated before I even looked at the truck do I need to do anything to continue it for the free 6 month activation?

2. Also what do I need to do to activate sync?

Btw did I mention how sweet the truck drives.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to Dim Sum
You got a good price on that 2011 Ford! As well, good deal that the dealership worked with you to get you into the truck you like.

The Dodge truck is a good truck with a good motor, but the new 6.7 Ford is really a superior truck (but with a superior price!).

Of course, pictures make your thread worth reading.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Smile Sirius and sync.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsakius View Post
Thanks everyone. Don't get me wrong the ram was a good truck, but I had settled because of the lower price. My mind was always on the Super Duty so lucky for me the dealer was very understanding and got me on my way. They even pushed Ford Mo Co. to match the rate I had got on the dodge which was 4.99% on the Ford as well. If anyone wants a no nonsense dealer I highly recommend that dealer.

Oh ya I did have a few questions,
1. The truck has sirius radio and it was already activated before I even looked at the truck do I need to do anything to continue it for the free 6 month activation?

2. Also what do I need to do to activate sync?

Btw did I mention how sweet the truck drives.
Just follow the directions on manual to activate sync. It is fairly easy. Sirius is free for the first 6 months. they will bill you before the end of the free period. I have only had my truck 2 months so don't know the cost yet.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Serving Our Country!

Great story, glad you saw the light before it was to late. Now just go and love your Ford SuperDuty. LOL Pictures Please.

Doug
Old 12-11-2010, 01:38 PM

Sirius will bug the hell out of you until you buy a package from them. Emails, phone calls, all sorts of stuff. But hold off until about 2 weeks until your free package expires and the deals start to get better. Then wheel and deal with them like you are a used car salesman and get the best offer you can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.