fuel filter housing - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
fuel filter housing

I called my dealer about changing the fuel filters and ask if there was a recall on the housing because of breaking when being removed. He said ford wants the housing replaced with a filter change but wasn't sure what part they are referring to. He quoted a price of $157.23 for changing filters but not including a new housing. Anyone else hear of this. My concern is if i am traveling and need it changed and it breaks and no parts available. Also if i change filters myself who pays for the housing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2010, 03:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I changed mine & used the 32MM socket per directions. When i went to take off the plastic nut broke off the housing without much force. I called around to every dealer in my area & no one stocked the part. Finally found one in New Mexico & had it shipped to me. I did epoxy the nut back onto the housing but it is now leaking some.. Will have to replace it. If you remove the housing use a 24" pipe wrench or a strap wrench.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Will a strap wrench unscrew it without breaking it from the frame or do i need to remove from the frame first? thanks john
Old 12-08-2010, 04:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09stroker View Post
I changed mine & used the 32MM socket per directions. When i went to take off the plastic nut broke off the housing without much force. I called around to every dealer in my area & no one stocked the part. Finally found one in New Mexico & had it shipped to me. I did epoxy the nut back onto the housing but it is now leaking some.. Will have to replace it. If you remove the housing use a 24" pipe wrench or a strap wrench.
A word to the wise, purchase one before you work on changing any of the filters oil or fuel.

I purchased all 3 for the just incase so will not need to get a taxi, bike, walk or need to rent a way to get to and or work due to a broken part that needs to be removed for required services.

It is cheep insurance.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

After i broke off the plastic nut i used a 24" pipe wrench to get the housing off, next time i'am going to try & use a strap wrench. I don't see any reason why it won't work. I think Ford needs to re design the housing to something better....
Old 01-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

DieselFord got the three housings from me. I happened to purchase a "lot" of them to help people avoid the high prices at the dealer, but I have a question. One person bought one from me and said they have a "banjo" type fitting on their fuel line, and the fuel fitting in the revised housing that I have is larger. They have an early 6.0, and the dealer claims he doesn't know anything about a different fitting but was glad to offer to sell them "another" housing...

DieselFord, did you have any issues with the fuel lines on your trucks? Thanks guys, LMK if anybody needs a housing.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:05 PM

I had my oil and filter changed here in Phoenix. They broke the filter cap and cannibalized a new truck to get me rolling.... Appreciate the heads up on the item...

The shop where I bought the truck did a filter change w/o a problem....
Old 01-05-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richc22a View Post
I had my oil and filter changed here in Phoenix. They broke the filter cap and cannibalized a new truck to get me rolling.... Appreciate the heads up on the item...

The shop where I bought the truck did a filter change w/o a problem....
Sanderson Ford ? They have the largest stock of truck parts in southwest.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:16 AM

Any pix of this? I am a visual person ....
Old 01-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

TX Stud, sent you a PM...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.