Factory Road Testing? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 05:07 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Factory Road Testing?

So I finally received my new truck I ordered on Oct. 11th and I was at the dealership when the hauler pulled up to drop it off. I was so excited thinking that this truck would have maybe 2-8 miles on it, but to my surprise it had 58 miles on it right off the truck? It had a sticker on the window that said "Your vehicle was chosen randomly for road testing. Thank you and hope you enjoy your new Ford." Has anyone else encountered this or know what kind of road testing this is.... Or maybe it was just used to fetch the assembly line workers lunch for a week or two? Just curious.*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2010, 05:21 AM

Mine too. I had 75 miles on it when it got to the dealer... yours was built around teh same time mine was built. One of the reasons it took an extra month to get the truck to me.

Look at the bright side. If something was wrong it was already fixed and your warranty starts from the number of miles you got it at. It wasn't someone that wasn't familiar with the vehicle driving it either...
Old 12-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yeah a lot of them come like that, cars trucks everything
Old 12-03-2010, 01:11 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I wouldn't worry about it. Every manufacturer does that. Usually new vehicles are put on a dyno anyway so it really doesn't matter. Yours was just driven a bit further. It's certainly not going to hurt anything.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:20 PM

They run them down the test track look for leaks , squeks , ratteles , od noises and all . i've seen one in the mid 100's
Old 12-04-2010, 03:50 AM

You are all right about this, I would much rather have the factory driving the truck than some weekend browser on a car lot flooring it with 6 miles on it to see what it will do!*
Old 12-04-2010, 06:07 AM

Mine had the same sticker with 19miles... and I thought that was a lot!

I really still believe there was something up with our batch of trucks. Although there is really no way to prove it but the events that took place with our trucks (with all about the same built date) it really smells of something.

Glad to hear you FINALLY got your truck! Best of luck with her!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:13 AM

Oh... one more question.

What type of rear differential cover is on your truck? Sorry I do not mean to hijack your thread.

Ours has just a steel cover where everyone else is heat sink aluminum (cooling fins). My parts friend is looking into this. His catalog shows only one cover and it is the aluminum w/ fins! But when we called Ford they said it was the correct to have the steel cover. Engineering also relied to his email question with a simple "it is correct" with ZERO explanation. The communication at Ford has A LOT to be desired and in this day and age there is NO EXCUSE. Sorry.... just wondering what yours came with since they were built right around the same time.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW720HVY View Post
Oh... one more question.

What type of rear differential cover is on your truck? Sorry I do not mean to hijack your thread.

Ours has just a steel cover where everyone else is heat sink aluminum (cooling fins). My parts friend is looking into this. His catalog shows only one cover and it is the aluminum w/ fins! But when we called Ford they said it was the correct to have the steel cover. Engineering also relied to his email question with a simple "it is correct" with ZERO explanation. The communication at Ford has A LOT to be desired and in this day and age there is NO EXCUSE. Sorry.... just wondering what yours came with since they were built right around the same time.
That's funny you asked about the rear diff cover because I read the thread you had going about it and it was the first thing I checked on my truck. I have a steel black non-finned cover, I wish it had the aluminum finned my guess is that was on the earlier ones and it was probably cut due to cost. But I really do love the truck, it is alot more than I expected!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:47 AM

The service shop thinks the entire rear end was changed due to them having some kind of issue with the 3.55 E lockers and the steel covers are part of it. I certainly hope it wasn't to cut cost... these trucks cost enough! LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.