2011 F350 6.7L - likes and minor dislikes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-30-2010, 07:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 366
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011 F350 6.7L - likes and minor dislikes

We got our 4 new F350 4x4's at work...and we delivered them to the body upfitters today 100 miles away. So I got a little seat time. They are XL units (but have jewel headlights at least).

The power is great and I love the manual control of the transmission. The feel of the XL interior is suprisingly nice. Not a spartan el-cheapo feel. The vinyl seats could pass for fine leather in a GM.

Engine is quiet...but you can still tell its a diesel no doubt. Its got a nice diesel rumble to it. I'd say however its louder than our Duramaxs just sitting there idling. Which I have no problem with. I like noise a little.

My dislikes were this:

Side windows are too tall. I can't rest my arm there and grip the top of the door with my fingers...which I like to do. Still the same as the other SuperDutys. And I don't have short stub arms.

The window washer nozzles are in the middle of the stinking hood!!! When you let off the spray...it leaves a nice trail of fluid all over the hood. Why are they not close or in the wiper arms????????

When in manual mode...it will down shift if your in 5th for example. But won't upshift from 1st. There should be a mode like big Allisons that won't let it go past the highest you select.

It shifted through all 6 too fast. And when slowing, the getting back on it at a stop light that turned green before stopping...it would remain in 6th and lug even with some more throttle. You really gotta push it down to get it to down shift.

NO CUP HOLDERS IN THE DASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only in the center fold down section...which I will never want down. Too much stuff has to ride in the seat with me for this to remain folded down in my way. For $41000 I should get cup holders in the dash. The old ones did!!!

Otherwise this thing will pass everything and anything...and powers up hills like a top fuel dragster. I live it alot. Nice job Ford!

Last edited by neil; 11-30-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 12-01-2010, 04:32 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Texas
Posts: 1,117
Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil View Post
When in manual mode...it will down shift if your in 5th for example. But won't upshift from 1st. There should be a mode like big Allisons that won't let it go past the highest you select.
If you leave the truck in "D" then you can drop gears off the top by pushing the shift button down. The truck will shift through all gears available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 12-01-2010, 06:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 366
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mor4wd View Post
If you leave the truck in "D" then you can drop gears off the top by pushing the shift button down. The truck will shift through all gears available.
OK. Thanks. I thought I tried that but don't remember seeing "5" illuminate when I hit down. Does the highest gear available illuminate to remind you of where you stopped bumping down?

This is going to be important as when were plowing snow...we're probably gonna limit to 4th or 5th with fully loaded 10' dump beds...and on the road. We plow at 25 or so and I don't want my rpms falling off too much. Need to keep the R's up a little in the torque range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 12-01-2010, 06:45 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Texas
Posts: 1,117
Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
As you start dropping off gears it just takes the number off the display. So if you dropped off 4, 5 and 6 then it would only show numbers 1, 2 and 3 available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 12-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 145
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
We bought 5 2011 XL models, all 4x4 and all gas. Nice power and surprisingly good milage.


Quote:
Originally Posted by neil View Post
The power is great and I love the manual control of the transmission. The feel of the XL interior is suprisingly nice. Not a spartan el-cheapo feel. The vinyl seats could pass for fine leather in a GM.
I'll agree with you on the vinyl very nice!



Quote:
Originally Posted by neil View Post
My dislikes were this:

Side windows are too tall. I can't rest my arm there and grip the top of the door with my fingers...which I like to do. Still the same as the other SuperDutys. And I don't have short stub arms.
I noticed this to in the XL models. I have the power seats in my Lariat, the XL's seat should be raised for more comfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil View Post
The window washer nozzles are in the middle of the stinking hood!!! When you let off the spray...it leaves a nice trail of fluid all over the hood. Why are they not close or in the wiper arms????????
Your not driving fast enough!!! lol



Quote:
Originally Posted by neil View Post
NO CUP HOLDERS IN THE DASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only in the center fold down section...which I will never want down. Too much stuff has to ride in the seat with me for this to remain folded down in my way. For $41000 I should get cup holders in the dash. The old ones did!!!!
Our XL trucks have the cup holders on the dash under the climate controls and in the flip down consule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors