Questions about Building my NEW 2011 Truck from Ford's Website - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Questions about Building my NEW 2011 Truck from Ford's Website

I am building my 2011 Lariet 6.7L diesel(only had a V10 before), on Ford's website, so I can email exactly what I want to 3-4 dealers. The website doesn't allow me to include the FX4 package, nor the Camping package, and the automatic default goes to the18" wheels.
Question 1. Does the camping package come with the towing package or do I have to make sure that it is a seperate line item?
Question 2. Does the FX4 come automatically with any other packages?
Question 3. I am ordering a 3.31, since I will be towing 12k during racing season only, but mostly I will be doing general driving. I will be towing to the Arkansa/Texas/Louisiana/Oklahoma corner mostly, so the hills aren't a major problem, but I just need some advice. Will the 3.31 combined with the 20" wheels lack the power to tow as if the trailer wasn't attached?
Question 4. Is there much of a difference in mpg, between the 3.31 and the 3.55?
Question 5. Does the trailer sway control work as advertised? Does it make a noticeable difference, with a enclosed trailer say 26' long?
Question 6. Does the Job2 trucks still have the heated/cooled seats? Living in Texas and having a black interior makes the posterior mighty uncomfortable.
Question 7. Has anyone added after market DVD players? I am wondering if I can get better equipment somewhere else, mounted in the headrests. I don't want the DVD on the ceiling since it blocks the rear view mirror.
Question 8(last one folks ) I have had two offers of -$500 off of invoice. With reading the other posts, I gather that if you get the -$500 off of invoice, that is about as good as it gets, but I also ordered my brochure on line and hope to receive the $750 coupon. Is this about as much as I can do?

Thanks guys I love this forum!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2010, 05:19 PM

Also wondering about the FX4 package and the Ford website...
Old 11-02-2010, 05:29 PM
haters gonna hate 24/7.

Congrats on the future purchase of a new truck!

I've been looking for a 6.7l to replace my stolen 2005 6.0.

What part of texas you from?? I'm from the houston area.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:47 PM

3.31 on 18"'s

Sway control you will not even notice unless you have a "Oh Sheit" with sway. It's a sway CONTROL,..not a ANTI-sway. If you are worried about swaying, you should buy anti- sway control device. Like I stated, The sway control is incase it's needed. Does not run full time unless severe sway is detected.

Yes, job 2 has heated/cooled seats, Ford just stopped making the camo pattern inserts.

Maybe someone else can help with the others.

Shane
Old 11-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

1. Im unsure as to what towing package you are talking about, the 5th wheel? or just a conventional hitch? This is what is included with the camper package-
CAMPER PACKAGE (471)
Availability:
• Optional on all Pickups
Not available with: •20" Wheels and Tires, Pickup Box Delete (66D), 3.31 Axle Ratio
(on 4x4 with 17" or 18" tires) or Heavy-Service Front Suspension
Package (67H)

Includes:
•Extra heavy-service front springs (4x2) (2 up upgrade above the spring computer selected as a consequence of options chosen. Not incl. if maximum springs have been computer selected as standard equipment)
•Heavy-service front springs (4x4) (1 up upgrade above the spring computer selected as a consequence of options chosen. Not incl. if maximum springs have been computer selected as standard equipment)
•Rear stabilizer bar (SRW only) •Slide-in camper certification •Rear auxiliary springs (F-250 only)

2.The FX4 package comes with, FX4 OFF-ROAD PACKAGE (17X)
Availability:
•Optional on all pickups Not available with: •Pickup box delete (66D) Requires:
• 4x4 •Limited-slip rear-axle on DRW •Electronic-locking differential on SRW •All-Terrain Tires Includes: • Hill Descent ControlTM on SRW • Transfer case and fuel tank skid plates •Rancho® branded shocks – colored front and rear shocks •Unique "FX4 Off-Road" box decal
3. If you get the camper package you cannot get 3.31 axels, nor can you get 20" wheels with camping package.
6. For heated/cooled seats you need to order a Lariat, with, the Lariat Luxury package or Lariat Interior package.
7. Rear seat DVD has been a deleted option for job #2
8. If your $500 under invoice you are good, i know some people come in here with some miracle deal but still you got a good deal

Hope this helps

Last edited by PUMPED 101; 11-02-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:50 PM

good questions....heck.. I read em all, and realized... I don't have all the answers. Try asking a teenager?!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Blue Oval Man 14, we moved to the Dallas area 2.5 years ago, from Iowa.

Today, I have decided the following:

Question 1. Does the camping package come with the towing package or do I have to make sure that it is a seperate line item?I won't order this. I want as much stability as possible, while towing, but I don't want to sacrifice the overall ride when not towing anything.
Question 2. Does the FX4 come automatically with any other packages?This is a "go".
Question 3. I am ordering a 3.31, since I will be towing 12k during racing season only, but mostly I will be doing general driving. I will be towing to the Arkansa/Texas/Louisiana/Oklahoma corner mostly, so the hills aren't a major problem, but I just need some advice. Will the 3.31 combined with the 20" wheels lack the power to tow as if the trailer wasn't attached?I will be ordering the 3.55 with 20" wheels.
Question 4. Is there much of a difference in mpg, between the 3.31 and the 3.55?See #3
Question 5. Does the trailer sway control work as advertised? Does it make a noticeable difference, with a enclosed trailer say 26' long?I heard it works good, but I am still confused as to whether this is a standard option or if it just comes on the Camping Package.
Question 6. Does the Job2 trucks still have the heated/cooled seats? Living in Texas and having a black interior makes the posterior mighty uncomfortable. Our posterior will be riding comfortably, in the monotone black seats traveling in Texas.
Question 7. Has anyone added after market DVD players? I am wondering if I can get better equipment somewhere else, mounted in the headrests. I don't want the DVD on the ceiling since it blocks the rear view mirror.No longer an option, so I will have to go aftermarket to keep the kiddos happy and quiet.
Question 8(last one folks ) I have had two offers of -$500 off of invoice. With reading the other posts, I gather that if you get the -$500 off of invoice, that is about as good as it gets, but I also ordered my brochure on line and hope to receive the $750 coupon. Is this about as much as I can do?
Checking in to a promotional $9,000.00 below MSRP, and hoping for the $750.00 voucher by ordering a brochure from the website. This particular dealer also has a $500 voucher on their website.

Getting REALLY close here!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 02:40 PM

Trailer Sway Control with Hill Start Assist feature standard on all pickups (Super Duty's)
Old 11-03-2010, 03:16 PM

Didn't think you could order 20's and a 3:31 rearend?
Old 11-03-2010, 06:31 PM

Im starting to think my posts are invisible?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.