6.7 mileage/review - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2010, 03:45 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.7 mileage/review

I just recently got a new one, i have 1600 miles now and just drove home from Georgia to Orlando Fl, 334 miles, according to the computer i averaged 19.3 mpg on the trip home and thats runin 80-85 mph a/c 1/2 the time, but it didnt change when i had it off either, mines an f250 4x4. I belive it right but i'll know when i fill it up.

One thing i noticed i dont like, but my 05 6.0 is the same, when you travel on wet clay roads the clay/mud get all up in the rubber seal at the bottom of the doors, it will have to be cleaned regulary to keep it from really causing a mess and eventually rusting out.

Overall I like the truck, plenty power, drives really nice, but doesnt seem as much like a truck as my 05 6.0, plus you cant hear the turbo whistle, i really miss that. Also I like the diesel sound of the 6.0, its sounds way more like a truck too me, although the 6.7 will blow it away.

Its hard to keep from runnin 90mph unless you use the cruise, it just floats down the road effortlessley, its really amazing in that respect.

I pulled a 6K capacity forklift that weight right at 12K on a 2K trailer the other day, it was mostly highway, and I was getting 16mpg and power wise you really couldnt even feel it behind you, weight wise you could tell it. With the power that truck has you could easily get in trouble overloading the vehicle if you aint carefull
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2010, 04:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

so you are pulling 14k and getting 16 mpg? Are you sure about that? If so thats amazing.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Congrats on your new truck
I use to have 05 6.0 as well but I use to have to shut down the motor when going through the drive-thru.....but not anymore! Nope,I don't miss the noise one bit
Old 11-01-2010, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.4 tow rig View Post
so you are pulling 14k and getting 16 mpg? Are you sure about that? If so thats amazing.
Yea but I'm sure it wasnt a good representation of what was goin on. It was mostly highway and falat at that, plus it was only a 54 mile run so the computer didnt have a whole lot of time to change, but im sure it was getting decent mileage cause i never had to lug the engine to pull the load, that was actually what i was getting at ad i shouldnt have posted that mileage, I dont like to blow things uo bigger than what they are.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:37 AM
Drivin the 6.mOney pit

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Haha I love the noise my 6.0 makes...one of my favorite things about it..lets you know you are still driving a diesel. I dont think the 6.0's are too far off on the mileage as these new trucks. I am just sitting back watching to see how these new powerplants turn out. So far I have not seen many posts in the "troubleshooting" forum. That is definitely a good sign.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:54 PM

After reading your review and a few others and then making the mistake of test driving the 6.7L about 2 weeks ago and comparing it to my 08 6.4L stock for stock. Well I was very impressed with the 6.7L and I think it's going to cost me some money in the near future
Old 11-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Drivin the 6.mOney pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSrider View Post
After reading your review and a few others and then making the mistake of test driving the 6.7L about 2 weeks ago and comparing it to my 08 6.4L stock for stock. Well I was very impressed with the 6.7L and I think it's going to cost me some money in the near future
That is exactly the reason I have not went down to test drive one yet. I see them sitting on the lot everytime I go to pick up more bottles of cetane booster and the salesman know me by name. He asks if Im ready to trade in the ol 6.0 yet and I say nope. He tries to get me to test drive one and Im like nope, if I do Ill end up wanting to buy it...and I cant buy what I cant afford...lol
Old 11-01-2010, 06:05 PM

I hear you on that and it's a smart move. Your 6.0 looks good. My friend had an 08 and went and bought the 11 and loves it. Then my salesman said don't drive it or you'll buy it. Well I drove it and haven't bought it yet but can't get it off my mind. So who knows it might happen. I was on the fence new 6.7L or new super crew F150 Raptor but I think the 6.7L will let me do more in the future when it comes to needing a true truck.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Drivin the 6.mOney pit

This is my first diesel...all of my previous trucks were chevy gassers...I can tell you I will never go back to a gasser unless they start making the same HP/torque as diesels and are getting the same mileage or better. When I pulled my boat back when I bought it, in my chevy gasser, 4 hours drive, I blew my radiator because it was just too much for the ol chevy. Now that I have a diesel I dont even feel anything back there. The ol Ford doesnt even break a sweat pulling it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.