Engine went noisy on me - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 07:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Engine went noisy on me

I was driving home from work one day, and decided to run through the starbucks drive through. I thought the engine sounded louder, and when I had to struggle to place my order it was confirmed. It was about as loud as my old 6.4l, but still sounded like the 6.7. I waited in the drive through line for a couple minutes and decided to throw it in neutral. After about a minute in neutral it went back to normal. I'm pretty sure it wasn't in re-gen mode... I watch the instant mileage screen constantly and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I also don't notice the engine being louder during a regen (I paid close attention during the next regen).

Has anyone else had this happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2010, 11:02 AM

Hasn't happened to me.... but Real trucks don't go to Starbucks.
Maybe it was upset because all of the Chevrolets made it feel uncomfortable.

Just kidding.

How many miles do you have? Have you had your first oil change yet? Did you just get fuel? Maybe bad diesel? Was it cold outside?
Please keep us updated.

Shane
Old 10-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by srkr View Post
Hasn't happened to me.... but Real trucks don't go to Starbucks.
Maybe it was upset because all of the Chevrolets made it feel uncomfortable.

Just kidding.

How many miles do you have? Have you had your first oil change yet? Did you just get fuel? Maybe bad diesel? Was it cold outside?
Please keep us updated.

Shane
Haha, I didn't think it would take long before someone harassed me for starbucks. I love the place, but it gives you way too much time to sit and listen to your engine and all the noises it makes with the reflective walls on both sides. Maybe I'm just so strung out on caffeine I'm imagining things .

I'm sitting at about 2200 right now. Still on original oil, didn't get fuel recently. I did regen later that same afternoon which is when I checked to see if it was as noisy at idle(it wasn't). It wasn't cold... I'm in the phoenix, AZ area and at the time it was in the 90's as this happened a couple weeks ago. Truck was at full operating temps.

Luckily it hasn't seemed to cause any issue at all. I just found it a little strange. There have been other times when I thought it was louder than normal but they have always been before the engine has reached full operating temps.

Anyhow just thought I'd bring it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.