Attention 2011 owner !! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Attention 2011 owner !!

Attention all 2011 PSD owner,Today I've recieved a letter from Ford refer to "Ford SuperDuty Owner Event"
This is NOT a sales campaign.No one will attempt to sell you anything.The design team and engineers will be there to get your input on the new 2011 PSD. If you are selected to attend you will be paid $150 for your time.
I'm in Southern california and they will be in Irvine on Sat Nov 6th and Sun Nov 7th.
You will have to go on line and answer a few questions and they will contact you back if you are invited.
Space is limited,if you are interested.....check your mailbox!!.We can help make this awesome truck even more AWESOME (Or call RDA group 800-860-3321)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2010, 06:28 PM

I think that Mike and Eric should walk in the doors together and everyone else behind them and show them how much more power and dependable the trucks will be with their tunes and how warranty should over look tunes from sct,spartan, and h&s.. LOL
Old 10-06-2010, 02:59 AM

I don't own a 2011 but someone whos going should tell them to modify the chassis a bit. like using 60k psi steel. I like the chassis design but not how ford is using only 36k psi steel while dodge is using 50k psi steel and chevy is using 60k psi steel. By upgrading to 60k psi steel with the already standard 6.7mm thick chassis should make it the strongest in its class. Also they should fully box the front section a little more but not the whole entire frame rail because a chassis needs to be strong but also needs to be able to flex. By using the 60k psi steel and a bit more of a fully boxed chassis should raise the tow capacity by quite a bit leaving dodge and chevy in the dust. Chevy and dodge made the mistake of having fully boxed chassis's because they can't flex while going over rough terrain and towing heavy loads which could cause them to crack while Ford's flexs and absorbs vibrations.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneelandearly99 View Post
I don't own a 2011 but someone whos going should tell them to modify the chassis a bit. like using 60k psi steel. I like the chassis design but not how ford is using only 36k psi steel while dodge is using 50k psi steel and chevy is using 60k psi steel.

Mark
Old 10-06-2010, 09:44 AM

I would agree that Ford can make some improvements in the chassis area along with further engine/transmission refinements that you would expect as any product is developed in the real world. I'd also like to see a larger fuel tank as a factory option. I'm hoping that some of these will make it into the 2012 MY so that I can/have to pull the trigger on a new F350 KR.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:30 AM

OK guys! I got the phone call from ford and I have an appointment on Nov 6th to spend 2 hours with the engineers who design these 2011 trucks.
So,if anyone has anything reasonable and legitimately that they can improve these 2011 let me know and i'll do my best to present them. I'm very happy with the truck and have no issue with it beside the wear on these Michelins(20 in wheels)
This is what they said " No kids,pets, spouse or friends...bring your truck and there will be a ride along ....at the end of our appiontment they will present you with a check for $150.00 for your time.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:15 PM

no real complaints, x2 on fuel tank size. Also wished they offered a more luxurious interior. Just a bunch feels a little cheap for a $60k truck. Better thicker leather, nicer headliner and some either real wood or less 'fake' stuff. Like I said def no complaints in performance
Old 10-10-2010, 07:42 PM

Please talk to them about chassis improvements. I like everything about the truck but it seems to be lacking the the chassis design. Both chevy and dodge has made huge improvements in the strength of steel they use (dodge 50k psi steel)and chevy (60k psi) and ford super duty only has (36k psi). Also the competition has used alot more reinforcements and fullyboxed their frames compared to the ford super duty. from what i understand the psi rating means the amount of wieght or force it takes to stretch the medal. Ford has technically been using the same chassis since 2005 only changing the front design to accomadate each new motor design (08, 11) and people who use ford super duty, work their trucks harder then the competition. the only difference between the 99-04 and 2005 chassis is the frame was thickened by 10% and fully boxed the front section by about a 1.5' feet more then the 99-04. Also say something about how the dana 80 only has 11.25" ring gear while the dodge and chevy 1150 AAM has a 11.5" ring gear. If ford had dana upgrade it by a 1/4" inch it should increase towing due to the increased leverage and being able to turn the axle quiker. I just want ford to be able to produce the best pickup on the market in every way possible.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneelandearly99 View Post
Please talk to them about chassis improvements. I like everything about the truck but it seems to be lacking the the chassis design. Both chevy and dodge has made huge improvements in the strength of steel they use (dodge 50k psi steel)and chevy (60k psi) and ford super duty only has (36k psi). Also the competition has used alot more reinforcements and fullyboxed their frames compared to the ford super duty. from what i understand the psi rating means the amount of wieght or force it takes to stretch the medal. Ford has technically been using the same chassis since 2005 only changing the front design to accomadate each new motor design (08, 11) and people who use ford super duty, work their trucks harder then the competition. the only difference between the 99-04 and 2005 chassis is the frame was thickened by 10% and fully boxed the front section by about a 1.5' feet more then the 99-04. Also say something about how the dana 80 only has 11.25" ring gear while the dodge and chevy 1150 AAM has a 11.5" ring gear. If ford had dana upgrade it by a 1/4" inch it should increase towing due to the increased leverage and being able to turn the axle quiker. I just want ford to be able to produce the best pickup on the market in every way possible.
Will do
Old 10-11-2010, 02:18 PM

Please ask them why they didn't go with a 9th injector for the DPF regen.

Why can't I know EXACTLY how much DEF I have in my tank and I think they are working on a manual regen and a light that stays on during regen.

Just a few other suggestions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.