'10 Ram 2500 6.7 vs '11 F250 6.7 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 07:59 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'10 Ram 2500 6.7 vs '11 F250 6.7

Hey guys, I am looking for some opinions from owners who looked at both trucks. I currently have a 00 F250 with the 7.3 and am looking to get a new truck in the next few months. I have looked and driven both and its hard to decide between the two trucks. I don't do much hauling but I do prefer the diesel when I need to use it for my work. I am mainly looking at the truck as a daily driver and probably use it on long road trips with my family. I am looking for a truck that will last me 10+ years and mainly troublefree like like my 7.3. Right now I am looking harder at the dodge just because it is about 10k cheaper, but do like the size of the crew cab of the Ford. For you '11 owners what convinced you to get the ford over the dodge. Again thank you for the advice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I drove both and ended up picking up my F-350 today. Best truck I have ever driven and it's not even close!
Old 10-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I currently drive a 2005 Dmax. I did the test drive shoot out all in one day. I drove the 11 SD, 10 Ram and the 11 DMax within about 4 hours of each other.

The Rams interior is the most luxurious in my opinion with exception of me being 6ft and hitting my head on the roof in the rear seat of the crew cab, this is bad design in my opinion. The rams exhaust brake destroys the others.

The 11 SD is so quiet, cab is super roomy and comfortable. The ride seemed pretty smooth overall. Like the tail gate step and the supplemental cab heater seems like a great idea. The turbo in the valley of the V8 seems so smart. Really felt like a nice truck on the road and apparently the demo was in dealer transfer mode still.

In Canada a 2011 SD vs a 2010 dodge similar load and all rebates is about $4k difference. I figure that with ford being 1yr newer model and alot of extras like 20" wheels that they are pretty close in value. Never really saw myself as a Ford guy but I order an 11 SD F350, i suggest you try them both in an afternoon and you will see the differences.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I owned a 2004 6.0l ford and went from that to my 2004 dodge because of the ominous holy grail of diesels...the cummins...well, lets just say i cant wait to get my 2011 i just ordered i have explained it to many like this:

when you are given so many points to build something and you dump all of your points into the engine (cummins) what is left to put the power to the ground (transmissio) much less carry it all at a reasonable comfort level (chassis)

with the ford you are spreading your points more evenly...food for thought
Old 10-05-2010, 08:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Test Drive.... I took a friend who is a devoted Dodge man and we test drove a Ford F-350, he currently drives a 05 Dodge 3500, he was blown away by the power, and all the 'goodies'. He then went and test drove a new Dodge 6.7 3500, he told me later that the Ford was stronger, had a better ride, and that he had told the Dodge salesman that he had just drove an F-350, and the Dodge did not begin to compare. The Ford 6.7 is an inovative new design, I ordered one because I had had a 7.3 that was a workhorse, and wanted a rig that I could plan on paying off, and keeping. The 6.7 is more mechanic friendly (all major components accessible mounted exterior the block), the design is common sense, the def should make the high dollar dpf filter last a great deal longer.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

My .02....I am not a Ford faithful and having owned my current 05 F350 dually with many issues, most of them cause by a bad mechanic I still love my Ford. My buddy has an 05 Dodge 3500 dually and there is no comparison between the two but he loves his dodge and nothing could ever change his mind....UNTIL yesterday.

We both went and drove both the F350 Dually and the 3500 Dually and I will tell you the Ford impressed me in every way possible, as it did my buddy. The interior hands down goes to the Ford, Dodge has a much improved interior but not close to the Ford on room and finish.

The Dodge has a good powerful motor but from everything I have been reading on the new 6.7 I can tell you this is a long time coming for Ford, looks like they finally got it right. One thing I don't like about the Ford is it is very quiet and civilized, I would like more of that diesel sound but soon enough the aftermarket will be there to fix that.

Bottom line the Ford is more but you are getting more truck. I am seriously thinking about taking the plundge for an 11. Good luck whatever you do.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyEm View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvn6-NWRqvo

I drove both and ended up picking up my F-350 today. Best truck I have ever driven and it's not even close!
good video is there anything like that with the 2011 GM, just would like to see what they had to say. I cant wait till i get me 11 SD.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by richc22a View Post
The 6.7 is more mechanic friendly (all major components accessible mounted exterior the block), the design is common sense
While I agree with much of what you have said, I have to disagree with this point.

The Cummins inline engine is much more mechanic friendly because it takes up alot less space than the V8 design of the powerstroke. It's no where near as cramped under the hood of the dodge, like the ford is.

Last edited by Front Runner; 10-05-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:12 AM

thanks for the advise guys, I am going to have to drive them both again back to back and really compare. The hard part is that they both are great trucks. I guess I will need to keep researching and jump on the best deal I can find, luckly I have time to research and look. The main thing that I like about the dodge was the seats in the Lamarie. They look great and feel great, oh and the heated front and rear seats and steering wheel. Does the F250 have that as well? I do prefer the F250 exterior looks and the power of the powerstroke compared to the cummins.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

IMO....Its like comparing a Lexus to a Camry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.