F350 8' bed or 6' 3/4" bed??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 06:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
F350 8' bed or 6' 3/4" bed???

Hey everyone the time to order is getting closer for me.

Here is where i am stuck, i am planing on ordering an F350 KR 4x4 Fairly Loaded Up - But i am torn between the 8' bed and the 6' 3/4" bed.

I like the 8' bed cuz i know i will have plenty of room for all my stuff

I dont like it cuz in my personal opinion i think that when you lift a short bed truck it looks perfect, and not so sure about a 8' bed lifted? Also I am a boat dealer and have an obstacle course to maneuver through at the dealership and with a boat the long bed makes everything a bit harder to do what i need to do.

Give me your thoughts, and any lifted 8' bed pics would be nice.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2010, 06:57 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I vote for the SB . At times, I wish I had a LB, but the amount of time my truck spends unloaded (70%), the SB is a much better choice for me. It looks better with the CC too, IMHO
Old 09-27-2010, 07:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I vote shortbed. But longbeds look great lifted. I borrowed a couple of pics from another site, here are a few.
Attached Thumbnails
F350 8' bed or 6' 3/4" bed???-vie2wer.php.jpg   F350 8' bed or 6' 3/4" bed???-viewer.php.jpg  

Last edited by JaimeG; 09-27-2010 at 07:24 AM.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:23 AM
Now I'm Strokin6.4Liters

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I would go with a SB. The only time I would get a LB is if I bought a dually.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:37 AM

I vote Long Bed. Extra area to store stuff on trips and my 2011 F350 turns as well if not better than my 2008 F250. I like the long bed look better too. I understand your boat parking problem too. When I am in Atlanta to get my boat into the garage I have to make a 90 degree turn backing up going down a hill and then into the garage. So far it hasn't been a problem. House in Pittsburgh I just back straight in so no problem there.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Shortbed unless you have a specific need for the longbox. With the shortbox, there are a ton of options out there to help you organize your cargo, etc. You can put almost anything in the 6 3/4' box...
If you need a full 8' box, just get a bed extender and leave your tailgate down when you've gotta have the full 8'. That's my .02.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

If you're going to put a toolbox in the bed get the 8'er.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyor13 View Post
I vote Long Bed. Extra area to store stuff on trips and my 2011 F350 turns as well if not better than my 2008 F250. I like the long bed look better too. I understand your boat parking problem too. When I am in Atlanta to get my boat into the garage I have to make a 90 degree turn backing up going down a hill and then into the garage. So far it hasn't been a problem. House in Pittsburgh I just back straight in so no problem there.
Well I have really tight spots and maneuvers its not your average turning. Some spots are too tight for my 05 F150. Thats why i am a lil worried about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkinzenbaw View Post
Shortbed unless you have a specific need for the longbox. With the shortbox, there are a ton of options out there to help you organize your cargo, etc. You can put almost anything in the 6 3/4' box...
If you need a full 8' box, just get a bed extender and leave your tailgate down when you've gotta have the full 8'. That's my .02.
I dont like the bed extender, I am putting a rollbak tonneau cover on it. I dont want stuff flying out of my truck. I need it to be closed off and locked.

The reason i like the 8' is because i will basically have a mobile shop running out of my truck. All my tools will be in a tool chest, and i will have straps, ropes, air hose, extension cords, skies, boards, boat dollies, come a longs, jack, jack stands, you name it.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

If you actually want to use your truck to haul s*** get the LB. If not get the SB. If you get a short bed and use a bed extender to haul longer stuff with your tailgate down, remember there is a good chance that the paint will take a beating. Shortbeds have there place, but so do longbeds. YOU just have to decide what YOU will use it for.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Terminator View Post
The reason i like the 8' is because i will basically have a mobile shop running out of my truck. All my tools will be in a tool chest, and i will have straps, ropes, air hose, extension cords, skies, boards, boat dollies, come a longs, jack, jack stands, you name it.
If I were in your boots, I'd opt for the 8ft bed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.