Question for 2011 DRW owners - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question for 2011 DRW owners

For those of you driving a 2011 F-350 DRW, is it your daily driver? How is it for that?

Getting ready to order a new truck still deciding between the GMC and Ford, but leaning more towards the SD. It will be my daily driver and the size over my current crew cab SB makes me wonder. At the very minimum I guess automatic car washes is out of the picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Serving Our Country!

( At the very minimum I guess automatic car washes is out of the picture. )

Yes they are, and the truck will seam so big to you for a few days when you first start driving it, but with in a week it's old hack, just like driving any other car or truck.
Doug
Old 09-21-2010, 07:22 PM

I use to drive around a 4500 series Chevy 4 door with a dually bed. That was as a dd too! lol. I dont know bout the other guys but I sure feel that my 2011 dually is a lot easier and skinnier to drive then past/present duallys I own.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:44 AM

i went from a Mercedes S550 to an ML350 and now an F350 DRW. Took some getting used to but i just worry about turns now. No problem.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod27 View Post
i went from a Mercedes S550 to an ML350 and now an F350 DRW. Took some getting used to but i just worry about turns now. No problem.
Boy there is a change.

I'm not to concerned with the driving part, my real job has me driving fire trucks, mainly a 43' long 110' ladder truck.

I guess it will just take some getting use to wit the "not being able to park where I want" routine.

Drove another one last night, this time with my wife to see how she handled the ride quality (bad back/neck).

It is different then my SB CC, and a bit bigger then the GMC but not bad, good mirrors.

Although I do think I would unlock the radio and add a camera to the front end, hidden in the grill most likely. That hood is big!
Old 09-22-2010, 07:14 AM

if u have a bad back, the ride is a little bumpy. I just slow down.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:09 AM

I'm worried about just the opposite. I've been driving DRWs as my dd for 15 yrs and now I'm getting an SRW and worrying that it won't feel enough like a truck.

Anyway... you'll probably get used to it. The turning radius has been improved and that was the most frustrating thing I had with my DRWs. I never minded not being able to go through drive-thrus or car washes. I never minded parking way out in the parking lot... safer for the truck anyways... and I never minded the little extra width while driving except for a little extra paranoia that some idiot would clip me. Every once in a while you'll have to squeeze thru a construction zone where they have set the cones too narrow... but you won't hit 'em with your fenders... if they're too narrow you might clip 'em with your mirror.

I taught my youngest to drive in my 6.0 DRW. He did fine with only one hair-raising curb clipping when trying to pass a bus on a narrow airport road. That was interesting!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:39 AM

The only thing you really need to look out for are places like the bank drive thru, etc, where it can be tight quarters. First thing my neighbor asked me when I got mine was "how long before you clip something with one of those fenders?"

I've always parked way out in the lot anyway, but make sure I do now to keep others from clipping the fenders.

Mark
Old 09-26-2010, 07:02 PM

Mine is a dd. No sweat as far as I'm concerned. Proud to be an American!
Old 09-26-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly16 View Post
Mine is a dd. No sweat as far as I'm concerned. Proud to be an American!
Glad you like your new truck Grizzly.

And THANK YOU for serving my country young man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.