Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.7 Loud?

14K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  champ198 
#1 ·
hey new to the form i got myself a 5.9 cummins and a 7.3 powerstroke lookin to buy that nice 6.7 2011 powerstroke, i heard on a different diesel website these guys turned the pilot injection off, made it sound like my 7.3 clatter wise, any thoughts on how to get this 6.7 a loud diesel clatter noise? i

#3 ·
You want it to be loud? Why?:doh:
One of the reason why I bought this truck is because of the quite motor!! Now I don't have to shut it down in a drive thru:thumb:

#7 ·
I miss the sound of my Cummins 5.9, but love the quiet sound of the 6.7. I feel so conflicted, yet satisfied. The 6.7 is so quiet, that with the radio slightly on, the engine sounds like a big-block gasser, seriously!! The only way I can tell its still a diesel, is if the air is off and radio. Crazy!!

#10 ·
Conflicted, yet satisfied.... so many comments possible, none of them right!!! :hehe:

#9 ·
Yesterday when I pulled into fuel stop there was a guy filling up his old Duramax who saw me pulled in said to me “ Hey dude… this is a diesel bay …. Gas pumps are other side of the station…
I looked him with smile and said “Yep this is a Diesel”….. I saw his jar dropped….. Priceless moment! :nod:

#11 ·
Trust me, conflicted and satisfied is not a pretty place to be my friend. Dark and ugly. I am a tortured soul, searching for the sounds of the old-school 12V cummins of the past. I think I will just get a sound track of the ol cummins and play it in my truck as I am cruising around. Problem solved

#12 ·
I'll be at a busy campground in a couple of weeks. I'll get my fill of diesel clatter. I thought my 6.4 was quiet, the 6.7 is no louder than a gas engine. I appreciate it alot more than I thought I would. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.