Talked to the Ford Mechanic about the 2011 Diesel and this is what he said: - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talked to the Ford Mechanic about the 2011 Diesel and this is what he said:

THEYRE AWESOMEEEE!!!! haha its the local dealer here in So Cal and he said they havent had any 2011 diesels in for any major issues..he said a few stupid things here and there but not one major issue! i really hope Ford stepped it up with this engine..i have the 6.0 and i was lookin at the 6.4 and the diesel mechanic at Ford told me dont waste my money cuz the 6.4s are just as ****ty as the 6.0s. mind u he also installed my ARP head studs and did my egr delete..so maybe not talkin apples to apples, but this was his words not mine! i guess he said they have had all kinds of problems with the 6.4. He said the 6.4s are not like the 6.0 where its one major problem like the head gaskets or egr system, but he said they have alot of small dumb problems that can add up if its out of warranty.."this breaks and that breaks and ive seen this break etc etc etc." so im gunna start saving my $50k so i can buy a 2011 diesel..cant wait!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2010, 03:10 PM

I went in last week for first oil change and asked the same question on the 6.7's and they had not seen any in the back yet for any 'real repair'. Tire monitor and a couple of other small issues is all they have done. Had a hot shot guy in at the same time with a 450 flat bed and he was very happy with the 6.7, had over 20k of interstate oilfield pulling. Had a 6.4 torn to pieces with the cab up in the air...it was the first time I had seen the cab off in person. It seems to be real easy to remove if you have the equipment like the dealer.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:15 PM

Do you believe everything your told? id buy a 6.4 in a heart beat. not saying anything bad about the 6.7

just my.02
Old 09-10-2010, 03:16 PM

ya i have a ton of pics when they pulled the cab on my 6.0, i tell everyone my truck is a transformer..haha it looks trippy to see the cab just hanging in the air...but ya the diesel mechanic that did my truck could lift the cab with his eyes closed..he said hes done 100s of 6.0s if not maybe 1000, and he said quite a few 6.4s...anyways i hope my next truck i wont even have to worry about that..mind u its a FORD built engine not a P.O.S. international..lol
Old 09-10-2010, 03:18 PM

ummmm let me think about that for a second..YES i believe everything im told from a Ford Diesel Mechanic...haha ..lets see who knows more about ford diesles and the problems they have? some random guy on a Ford Forum or a guy that makes a living fixing Fords (internationals) mistakes..think ill go with the Ford Diesel Mechanic...not the Ford Diesel Blogger hahahah
Old 09-10-2010, 03:24 PM

i know i know. just saying. that guy could just finished working on a 6.4 and smashed the hell outa his had, gotten really pissed and therefore give it a bad name. lolol.....ive done that haha
Old 09-10-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL_POWERSTROKE View Post
mind u its a FORD built engine not a P.O.S. international..lol

hummmmm wow
Old 09-10-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL_POWERSTROKE View Post
about that..mind u its a FORD built engine not a P.O.S. international..lol
If they are such POS's, why do you own one?
Old 09-10-2010, 10:47 PM

I wouldn't say the International are a POS! I've own the 6.0 for 5 years/70,000 mi and never have any issues at all !! But I made a mistake of test driving a 6.7 Oh well...its only money right??
Old 09-10-2010, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsamm View Post
If they are such POS's, why do you own one?
well isnt that a good question
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.