Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

fifthwheel plug location

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  fordfish 
#1 ·
So I received my reese 18K elite fifthwheel hitch today, and was wondering where everyone prefers their in bed rv style plugs. I have never seen one any place other than behind the wheel well area, but reese recomends in front of the wheel well so you can never be crushed. Any opinions?

#2 ·
Hmm , mine is in the back driver side corner . Seems to work great . My old truck was there too so I guess I have no other experience to compare to but I never had a problem with it there .

#6 ·
Drivers side rear..... no problems.... I guess if it ever got crushed I would be addressing other issues beyond the plug!!!

#9 ·
I'm with you,,
Why drill more holes and splice more wires? Use what's already there.:dunno:

#12 ·
Mine 11 has a 5ft wheel prep package,so the plug is behind the wheel well toward the tailgate just like my 05! But I think it would be better in front on the wheel well toward the front of the truck.Cuz sometime its a B**ch to duck under the trailer to plug it in.

#17 ·
Factory retractable cable lock:dunno: Didnt really care for it but it came with the truck!! I would've traded for the garage door opener :nod:

#18 ·
I always put them back driver side corner. It isnt an expensive mod, 12 bucks for the plug at autozone and an hour of installing it. I was lazy when I bought the last truck and sure enough I had a big U on my tailgate from the cable rubbing. I get my 6.7 tuesday, first thing I am doing is putting in my hitch and added the 7-way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.