My new truck arrived!......but I got bad news. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 07:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My new truck arrived!......but I got bad news.

My first post woohoo! Anyway! I ordered an F 350 6.7 SRW CC KR at a local dealer and got it in less than 4 weeks! The order was placed on the 5th and had a VIN # a week later. So I got the call two days ago that my truck was and and I should come check it out. Obviously I dropped whatever I was doing at the time and went to see my new truck. I get out of my vehicle and the salesman greets me with.....Hey, I think we may have some issues.....come and see what you think. So I'm thinking great!...It's always gotta be something! So I walk up to the truck and I am already scanning the whole truck as I walk up to see what issues he might be talking about. I was expecting a scratch or dent from transport that they would have to have fixed....I could have lived with that. So walk up to the truck and open the door to discover that the interior color was wrong. It was a king ranch but it was the Adobe trim and I specified I wanted black because although it doesnt look as good I think it would age better than the light adobe color...anyway...that's just personal preference I guess. The point is the truck did not have the color interior I ordred. I was already processing this in my mind thinking that, well, the tan does looks pretty damn good....I guess I can live with it. All is well. So as I turn to tell the salesman that It's ok.....I noticed that the truck had no navigation!!!!!! Another thing I orderd and didn't get! As I threw my head back into the seat to look at the heavens above in dismay......I noticed there was no sunroof!!!!!!!!! Another thing I ordered that I didnt get. The last thing was that they forgot the bed extender I ordered. Dont care much about that because I heard in the mean time they are crap anyway. But that other stuff is really major!!!! I started to think that they didnt order me a truck and just pulled one from somewhere but it did have things I ordered like the PTO and the 18" wheels with 3.55's and the plow prep and so on just like I asked. Either way this was clearly not the truck I was going to go home with. After all these screw ups all the dealer said was.....Dude that sucks, lets re- order it. I felt they should have at least offered me some kind of condolence or something. I did take it for a test drive to see if I could feel a diference between the one I test drove before ordereing this one and the new one with the updated horsepower and torque numbers. Now this is all just seat of the pants feel and my opinion but I could swear that the one I drove in July pulled much harder than this one that was built in Mid August. My truck even had the 3.55 gears instead of the 3.31's the demo had. Would that alone make it pull harder? Maybe I'm wrong here. The salesman kept telling me that the first 6.7 they got on the lot was bought in 2 days and when the guy picked it up he smoke the tires all the way down the road form a standstill. I told him he was full of it. So we stopped in a back road in an industrial park and tried to light the tires with and without the rear axle locked with both torque breaking and just mashing it and neither methode produced any wheel spin. Maybe it was because it was 90 and the road was sticky. dunno, not that important to me since I wont be looking to trash my tires on purpose much but it was more to prove a point and it failed.
Well, I have bored you guys enough so I will make the rest short. Went to another dealer that ended up selling it to me for $300 above their cost and also threw in a line x liner at their cost to me. I did change a few options like adding the instant cab heat, 20" wheels and fx4. I dropped the sun roof and PTO. SO now to wait another 4 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2010, 07:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Dude that sucks. I have never seen a KR with any other color interior than the KR red (or whatever). Why did you change your specs on the new order?
Old 09-03-2010, 09:12 AM

After you placed your order with the dealer, did you get a chance to review the DORA for any mistakes?
Old 09-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFLASH View Post
Dude that sucks. I have never seen a KR with any other color interior than the KR red (or whatever). Why did you change your specs on the new order?
You are right. The seat color doesn't change but I was talking about the carpet, headliner, and dash color. It had the king ranch package that I ordered but it was the Adobe interior color and not the black that I ordered. Those are your only two color options on the KR. I actually changed the specs based on info that I got from reading this forum. And to keep the price from getting to out of hand I had to sacrafice things like the PTO option that I probably would never need anyway for Instant Cab Heat which would be of more use to me in this Ohio winter weather we get.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Tire View Post
After you placed your order with the dealer, did you get a chance to review the DORA for any mistakes?
Not the actual order, just what he had scribbled on the back of a sheet of paper. Which is what he used to write down all the options I wanted. I made sure to get a full print out of the order this time around and kept a copy.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:46 AM

Oh ok, I thought you meant black seats. You have any pics or links to pics? I bet everything else black will look bada$$. I hear ya on needing the extra heat man. I'm WAY North of you lol.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselSmokeM35A2 View Post
Not the actual order, just what he had scribbled on the back of a sheet of paper. Which is what he used to write down all the options I wanted. I made sure to get a full print out of the order this time around and kept a copy.

Make sure you get and carefully review a copy of the DORA... not just your order confirmation sheet print out.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:49 AM

Good call.... when you order what you want, you should get what you had spec'd. Whats the point otherwise. BTW, my truck stock did not seem to have the power of the one I test drove. I did not concern myself, A) it WAS what I ordered, B) power and economy was great. AFTER I changed my fuel filters... I found the power I had been missing, so either factory filter had crap in it, or filters were inadequate...either way, she gots da juice now!!!

Glad you are sticking to getting what you want... it will be worth it. Sounds like you ordered an identical rig as the one eye ordered.

(The lower geared 3:55 should have pulled harder...)
Old 09-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by richc22a View Post
Good call.... when you order what you want, you should get what you had spec'd. Whats the point otherwise. BTW, my truck stock did not seem to have the power of the one I test drove. I did not concern myself, A) it WAS what I ordered, B) power and economy was great. AFTER I changed my fuel filters... I found the power I had been missing, so either factory filter had crap in it, or filters were inadequate...either way, she gots da juice now!!!

Glad you are sticking to getting what you want... it will be worth it. Sounds like you ordered an identical rig as the one eye ordered.

(The lower geared 3:55 should have pulled harder...)
That's interesting to know. If I would have kept it and read your post I would have gone to change the filters right away just to see. It felt that diff. to me! And I agree that the 3.55's should have made a diff and pulled more not less than the 3.31's. Just a random thought....you think that when Ford added the power and torque they changed the way the motor delivers the power? Maybe to be easier on drivetrain parts?

Last edited by DieselSmokeM35A2; 09-03-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFLASH View Post
Oh ok, I thought you meant black seats. You have any pics or links to pics? I bet everything else black will look bada$$. I hear ya on needing the extra heat man. I'm WAY North of you lol.
Tried to attach photos but not sure it worked. Never did that before.
Attached Thumbnails
My new truck arrived!......but I got bad news.-fsd11_pg_007_int_sm.jpg   My new truck arrived!......but I got bad news.-47fordsuperdutyfd2011.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.