6.7 cam bearing issue - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 07:37 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.7 cam bearing issue

OK here are some pictures of the 2011 6.7 being replace due to a Cam problem. Sorry Cell Phone photos and low light in shop.

Replacement motor in

The have mounted the EGR cooler on top of the passenger side head

Tubro and I think that is the new EGR Cooler

Bad motor the Exhaust and the intake are both on the top of the heads

Link to more pictures Ford 2011 Diesel Motor Replacement pictures by DunDoneIt - Photobucket
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2010, 08:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

You guys are killing me. EVERY MODEL YEAR OR JOB# OF ANY TRUCK IS GOING TO HAVE PROBLEMS!!!!! What is it with you guys?!?! That truck in the picture is an EXCEPTION!! There are thousands of these trucks on the road and when you happen to find ONE with a problem everybody starts ripping apart the new motor. ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
Old 08-25-2010, 08:32 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
Agreed...plus this is a forum...where people come for help when they have problems. Of course you going to see trucks that are broken or have issues...
Old 08-25-2010, 08:56 AM

This truck is not mine. I have no intention on buying a 2011. This truck died after a test drive with the customer and salesman sitting with it idling just going over some of the features. I am Surprised that Ford did not take the truck back and have it repaired at a training center. This is a very small dealership and this is the only 2011 6.7 they have had on the lot. But someone will end up buying this truck most likely without knowing that the motor has been changed. I had already heard about some cam problems with the 6.7 but not many are talking about this.

I mainly posted pictures to give everyone some the idea what the new 6.7 looks like under the skin. Maybe I was a little harsh with the title.

With the EGR Cooler mounted where it is it will be easy to remove.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:10 AM

Gee people have the moderators delete this thread. Just wanted everyone to see some of the components of the 6.7. I had the short block replaced in mine back in 2004 and still driving it.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

[QUOTE=DoneDunIt;2044096] I had already heard about some cam problems with the 6.7 but not many are talking about this. [QUOTE]

Would like to know more info about this. I did a google and yahoo search to read more about the cam problems and couldn't find anything. Can you post a link. thanks
Old 08-25-2010, 09:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Looks like fun, I'm not sure why everyone is getting all worked up over what he posted.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:37 AM

Ford is replacing the entire engine? how dare them! They should have the techs break down the engine part by part, make the dealership languish for replacement service parts, and just show an overall lack of consideration in light of they have better things to do. But no! Ford dropped what they were doing, drop shipped an entire $7k engine to the dealership in record time to correct the problem once they were made aware of the issue.

New trucks may have issues and if I were a customer, I'd be tickled pink if Ford sent a brand new motor for a part failure.

I'd say these ARE pictures that Ford wants us to see.

Way to go Ford in stepping up!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:00 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolsmojave3 View Post
Looks like fun, I'm not sure why everyone is getting all worked up over what he posted.

No need for insults guys.....
Old 08-25-2010, 01:58 PM

[quote=Clintd;2044111][QUOTE=DoneDunIt;2044096] I had already heard about some cam problems with the 6.7 but not many are talking about this.
Quote:

Would like to know more info about this. I did a google and yahoo search to read more about the cam problems and couldn't find anything. Can you post a link. thanks
The links are to another Forum and I will PM them to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.