diesel or gasser - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2010, 10:47 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
diesel or gasser

we have ambulances that have idoling time half the running time, the ambulances weight 14000bls e450,if we stay with deisel we'll have to go with f450, why should we go with deisel ,or why should we go with gassers.with gasser we can stay with e450's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Oilfield Trash

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
if you want diesels since ford wont make em in the e series, go with gm. etmc here is phasing out the 7.3s here and going with gm diesels. they didnt get the 6.0s or if they did but got rid of em fast.

gas engines im told are ok for idling now so it shouldnt be an issue.... but i prefer diesels.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:08 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Is there a reason you can't use the f450? I've always wondered why they use the van chassis for ambulances anyway. The truck is already a cab with a chassis to set an ambulance on. A van seems strange in that its a van that looks like the back has been cut off and an ambulance has been put on. Whats the benefit in having the engine practically inside the cab?
Old 07-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Oilfield Trash

i think it allowed access to get into the rear.

plus it did numbers for ford on the e series in sales
Old 07-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod B View Post
i think it allowed access to get into the rear.

plus it did numbers for ford on the e series in sales
Makes since, seems like it'd be easier to just cut the back of the cab out of a truck over what looks like cutting the entire back of the van off though. (I know they don't, just looks that way) I've always wondered the same thing about the short buses too.

I wonder if they are going to do away with the e series now.

Most of the ambulances around here are e series with what I'm guessing are the 6.4s. I've never listened to one close enough cause I always just assumed they were diesels. Its not like the days of the trusty 7.3s where you could tell sitting next to one at a stoplight.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

the current e-series are 6.0's without a dpf, the eseries is coming to a end to be replaced by a bigger version of the transit connect like a sprinter.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Oilfield Trash

i doubt searoulsy that ford will drop the e series since it still has a strong hold on the full size van market. hotels, cargo vans, church vans, big families(we had one), and other apps.

when etmc received a shipment of them new,when they were still fords, they came with a bare frame and a plastic shrink wrap to cover the rear. you can acually see the rear of the grey seats.

the 7.3 and 6.0 were the only diesels in them. 6.4s were too big and were not offered with them due to fitting issues. i wonder if they were gonna do some modding to fit a 6.4 in but i guess they never did. would be nice to see the 6.7s in there if they can make it fit and not do drastic body changes(i like the current style).

i remember reading a lot of forums on fleet vans with 6.0s and their egrs and common 6.0 issues that turned a ton of ford buyers away from them for ambulances. i think thats what they did here since gm took over still see a lot of 7.3s rolling around tho.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

They are killing the eseries bc of government regulations on MPG, they are gonna make a bigger transit connect and have measly little 4 bangers or V6's blame the epa
Old 07-25-2010, 11:39 AM
Oilfield Trash

gas or diesels? for the new vans?

are these like the dodge/freightliner/... vans?

ya epa and the fked up government and their hippy mentality for acually ending good vehicles since its too dirty for birds to fly
Old 07-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigerS09 View Post
They are killing the eseries bc of government regulations on MPG, they are gonna make a bigger transit connect and have measly little 4 bangers or V6's blame the epa
Yeah, all the car manufacturers are being required to meet an mpg average for all of there vehicles. The e series just doesn't sell enough so they are trying to axe the vehicles that get poor mpg and don't sell very well.

Obviously they won't get rid of the trucks, they make them to much money, but if they can drop the e series and get something similar to a dodge sprinter that gets 20mpg, they're gonna do it to bring up the average mpg across their entire vehicle lineup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.