Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Almost did but didnt.......

3K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  George C 
#1 · (Edited)
As the owner of two 08's and a man that bleeds Ford Blue, I have to say I was dissapointed in the 11 today.
I will try and cover my pros and cons of the test drive.
1. Power is very good, doesnt feel a ton quicker than the 6.4 but is noticiable.
2. Very quiet at idle but sounds very nice with notable turbo whistle upon revving.
3. New tranny shifts .........nice.
4. I always lift my trucks and I believe the over aggressive grill and new fender/hood lines will look very nice when lifted.
5. Paint seems to be quite a bit better than my 08's
Now to the parts I hate
1. Replaced wood grain on door with the same textured stuff on the edges of the dash.....horrible and cheap looking now the door panel just looks like a big gob of plastic.
2. The woodgrain surrounding the nav/stereo looks like some crap from biglots now. It truly looks cheap.
3. The SEATS....wow is it the cheapest looking pleather I have ever seen. A bit more cushiony but just looks like ***. Also for my taste, the two tone is horrible.
4. No homelink on a basically loaded truck.
5. No gas and brake pedal adjustment on a basically loaded truck.
6. A lot of folks will probably disagree with this one but....I hate that the lights on the guages are on all the time....

Just my thoughts from tonight, now I have to decide if the pros outway the cons and maybe do a bit of research on if any of these items will be addressed on job 2 or 3 trucks.:crazy:

See less See more
#2 ·
While I agree with your nitpicks, especially the lack of homelink. To me the cons don't outweight the pros...

You can put homelink in ($300 at ABSOLUTE worst probably $100 at best) or just keep a garage door opener in the truck.

It is your money and you will be the one driving it, so I would say to make sure you are happy with what you are getting for your money. I wasn't happy with the 2008-2010, so I left the Ford Diesel scene in 2007 and skipped the 2008-2010 MY. However, now I like the look and feel of the things that count with the 2011 - Motor, Tranny, Driveline, power, capability, etc... I think Ford has caught up and passed the competition and I feel confident that the reliability will be there.

#3 ·
my truck which does not have nav has homelink and adjustable pedals. the pedals button is on the side of the steering column now. Personally I like the black leather and is much more comfortable then my 09. you could not force me to go back to my 09 after having a 2011

#7 ·
you could not force me to go back to my 09 after having a 2011
Amen brother!! HomeLink is an option ($125 :doh: ).

Pulling my 40ft 5th wheel with the '08/6.4 SRW F350 was all it could handle. Did ok, but I had to really stay up on the wheel.

Pulling it with the '11/6.7 is like a Sunday drive in the country!! :thumb:
The nice power is good, but the tranny is the star of the show.

Mark

#4 · (Edited)
Mine has homelink, adjustable pedals, woodgrain and leather on the door. But like mdocdy said, the button for the adjustable pedals does not stand out. And I cant tell a difference in the looks of the woodgrain on the dash compared to my brothers 2010.

#5 ·
I would agree with most of the points raised For me the seats were too "cushiony" and the a/c still doesn't deliver like I want. Only drove a Lariat F 250 and I don't get the two tome pleather. The rest of the truck is nice, except maybe the front end which looks too F150 like. Looking forward to the 2012 model for some "evolution".

#6 ·
Interesting as I think the seats in the lonaer F250 I have are almost too hard... The a/c seats are awesome and I end up turning them down after a few miles. (The inside temp reaches 140+ F here when left in the hot sub)

Out of curiosity, Have you driven more than one? I have driven 6, and each of them performed a little differently. One trucks A/C seats didn't cool the seatback, another wasn't cooling the seat bottom as well. I did notice that the black and dark blue colored trucks were hotter and took longer to cool off than the white ones. (tints will be a must for me)

Although all of them reached a comfortable temperature quick enough. (I still think Ford has everyone beat in the A/C department - even my 10 year old Taurus's A/C is incredible)

BTW, all had a different ride, but this was due to FX4 (or lack of), SB/LB, 250/350....

#9 ·
Idk I work at a dealership. I think the 11' is much more superior truck in a lot of ways. Those things you pointed out are very minor (to me), I think you need to look at it again. I wouldn't touch an 08-10if it were half the price of the 11 after driving/seeing it. Im actually shocked reading this. Seems like you picked out a bunch of minor things and the major things are good. I don't see how I could justify that?

#10 ·
Basic truck is just that basic, for people who do not want/need the extras, if you want adjustable pedals/homelink etc thats why there is an option list.

#11 ·
I hate the look of the seats too. Didn't like the look of the hood from the cab. The front end and the side vents look worse in my opinion also. Besides that, I liked it. I'll probably go with an 09-10 instead. My dealership sold the last remaining 10 the day before I stopped in to make an offer on it...

#12 ·
just so you guys know, the 11 trucks dont have "homelink" they have some other brand now, not sure why but I know that it wont work with the brand opener I have in my house. My homelink on all the other vehicles did though. That is my one major grip about my truck.

So with that said it does have a universal door opener, adjustable pedals and woodgrain on the doors.

door panels

adjustable pedals control is on the steering column under the turn signal, you can see it :

(this picture was a joke for another guy on PSN being short LOL)

#13 ·
I have had them all.
99' 7.3L
2003 6.0L
2005 Chevy (opps, friends a Chevy dealer and I had to try)
Brain fart over,
2008 6.4L
And soon to be 2012 6.7L

I have found that in each new truck, Ford has made them better in a lot of ways.
My 08' is so far superior than my 03', that there's no sense in going on about it.
I drove the 6.7L, and found it to be another major leap forward. Maybe not as large as the 08' over the 07', but still a large improvement.

I'm looking forward to a better color selection, and the usual job 2 upgrades, and I'm ordering..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.